N7HKE BEWARE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
AA5JJ

N7HKE BEWARE

Post by AA5JJ »

Well He got me too I sent Mr Kevin Stewart "alias Kevin Ste" a TenTec Pegasus and a Kenwood TS-751A and 250 bucks Postal Money order and was supose to get a Kenwood TS-2000 with matching power supply and a Hiel Mike. Just like everyone else I sent all my equipment and the money order and have not received anything. This guy needs to be found and stoped He is a disgrase to the Amateur radio Hobby. :x
KB3LAN

Kevin Steward-file complaint here.

Post by KB3LAN »

Everyone really needs to go to http://www.ic3.gov/ and file a complaint to get the ball rolling. They have an easy form to fill out. It's a great tool.

Mike KB3LAN
AA5JJ

MIspelled last name N7HKE Kevin Steward

Post by AA5JJ »

I mispelled His last name Steward....Kevin Steward N7HKE
kd0pd

Kevin Steward Scam

Post by kd0pd »

PS. Pueblo County contact information for posting below:
Pueblo County Sheriff's Office
909 Count Street
Pueblo, Colorado 81003
Sheriff: Dan Corsentino
Deputy: Kent L. Ervin
e-mail Address: sheriff@usa.net
Phone Number: 719-583-6125
Last edited by kd0pd on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
kd0pd

Kevin Steward Scam

Post by kd0pd »

Kevin Steward has been ripping off several hams, cber's and so on recently thru-out the nation and the world. Here is information for those who have been or are about to be scammed by him and what you should do. This guy is a real con-artist and crook and needs to be stopped by legal law inforcement. He may well have committed mail fraud, certainly internet fraud and theft without question.
To begin, you should post your personal experences here on QTH. Next you should write a letter to the Pueblo County Sheriff 's Department to the attention of Dan Corsentino (Sheriff) and Kent Erwin (Deputy) giving them the details of your transaction such as serial numbers, method of payment, how paid, means, and so on. I have spoken to them today. If you failed to record your serial number, use the model number such as TS-850, IC-746 plus the manufactors name of your equipment along with the decription of your equipment or what ever is traded to him along with the amount of cash and so on.
Note: Use the model number to represent the serial number but fail to mention that fact. OK? That will give the Sheriff's department sufficiant information to get a search warrant for search, confiscation, arrest, etc. The more detailed information, the better. Although, Kevin has told those he scammed that he was moving to Washington state, that was a cover to his moving elsewhere here in Pueblo. His address information is:
Kevin Steward N7HKE ( expired Jan 10th 2006 )
1902 E 1st Street
Pueblo, Colorado 81001
If I may be of help, please feel free to call or contact me at my adress below:
Jerry Wells kd0pd
519 Broadway Avenue
Pueblo, Colorado 81004
PhoneNumber: 719-545-7162
e-mail Address: kd0pd@comcast.net
AA5JJ

N7HKE Moved to Washington

Post by AA5JJ »

Well from what I can find out N7HKE Kevin Steward has moved from Colorado to the state of Washington, He told me in a phone conversation that He was moving and it looks like He told the truth on that, hihi. IF anyone in the Washington state runs on to this guy and He is trying to sell a Ten Tec Pegasus beware because it is HOT, I do not expect to ever get it back so if you do run on to this guy and He is trying to see it please let Him know that you know it is stolen and you will tell every Ham in your area about this. Please watch out for this Guy so He does not get to someone else.

73 God bless
Wayne AA5JJ