SCOTT DAVIS aka K5SEK Strikes again

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KG6JXZ

SCOTT DAVIS aka K5SEK Strikes again

Post by KG6JXZ »

Somebody needs to do something ab out this guy. I sent him $195 for a radio and never heard from him again! :evil:
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

Maybe try contacting the police department in his hometown. Sure sounds like he's running a scam by all the people he's taken. His local police would be the ones to start with. Also get in touch with the others that he's taken and have them do the same. From what I read in another post he has alot more ads here on QTH so he's bound to rip some more people if he's let go.

Good luck. Tracy KB9VXQ
N6VMO

Re: SCOTT DAVIS aka K5SEK Strikes again

Post by N6VMO »

KG6JXZ wrote:Somebody needs to do something ab out this guy. I sent him $195 for a radio and never heard from him again! :evil:
Somebody needs to do something about people who fail to perform simple research on a seller before committing to a deal.

There is a post on the forum about K5SEK, its just three posts down from this one. :shock:

If you just took the time, you would still be $195 richer than you are today. :oops:

Let's wake up people.
w0zs

Post by w0zs »

Maybe his transaction took place prior to the posts?
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

wk0f wrote:Maybe his transaction took place prior to the posts?
No, here's the ad KG6JXZ responded to and sent the $195. See below:

RADIOVHF - FOR SALE YAESU FT-7100 VHF/UHF
have for sale a yaesu ft-7100 daul band mobile still in the box with everything it came with new also have manaul a 10 out of 10 works perfect 195.00 shipped 73s
Listing #528621 - Submitted on 04/20/06 by Callsign KA5SEK
Click Here to Email

The first time KA5SEK's reputation was reported as questionable on QTH.com was at the end of March 2006. See below:

Feedback Forum KA5SEK "BEWARE"
N7CLD 0 370 Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:16 pm
N7CLD

KG6JXZ would have found the info on KA5SEK if he had just taken the time to perform the simple search.
w0zs

Post by w0zs »

I stand corrected! :D
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

wk0f wrote:I stand corrected! :D
:wink: