Spelling......

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8QBY

Spelling......

Post by N8QBY »

This will not be the most important post this site has ever seen but I think one that should be mentioned. When someone posts an ad here on QTH, or any other site for that matter, spelling speaks volumes. It only takes a minute to look over our ads for spelling mistakes. When in doubt, check the dictionary for the correct spelling. I realize that not everyone has a college education but from what I have seen on this site and others, these are spelling mistakes that a 5th grader could correct. Let's take a little pride in how we represent our hobby. We are smart in our own hobby, so let's prove it.
I hope that this isn't taken the wrong way. I am not the most educated person out here either, and I don't claim to be. I do take pride in what I post out on to the internet. I do believe that an ad will be taken more seriously if it is well written, with words properly spelled. Just my observation of things....not meant to offend anyone. 73......... Pat N8QBY
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

You have to admit though Pat some of them give you a good chuckle. I think that is why they make the ham tests multiple choice! Does make you wonder though!!
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

I agree.

If the site does not have a spell checker, use Word or another word processing program to construct and edit your document.

Then 'copy' and 'paste' the document onto the site.

Use the power of the computer to display your intelligence and not your ignorance.
N8QBY

Spelling

Post by N8QBY »

Yes, I have to admit that some of them make me chuckle but at the same time, I feel bad if they are honestly trying. I did find this online dictionary that might be helpful. You just type in the word as you think it is spelled, and it will give you a list of words that it thinks you are trying to spell. If you spelled it correctly, it will give you the definition. Check out: http://www.m-w.com/

I realize that we all make typing mistakes but that is not the issue that I am addressing. 73 to all......Pat N8QBY
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

IT MUST BE NICE TO BE PERFECT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
K9FI

Post by K9FI »

Oh come on Danny...people judge you by the vocabulary that you use in conversation -- it is a fact of life.

A tip-o-the-hat to N6VMO...he is VERY correct when he suggests to, "Use the power of the computer to display your intelligence and not your ignorance".

:roll:
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I ALSO THINK PEOPLE AUGHT TO QUIT DOING THIS, however it may be an indication of high blood pressure coupled with stress :( , who knows.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
K9FI

Post by K9FI »

Amen.

:wink:
N8QBY

Spelling...

Post by N8QBY »

Danny, nobody is claiming to be perfect. It does not take rocket science for one to be able to pick up a dictionary if they aren't sure how to spell something. Take this as a positive post that it is meant to be, instead of taking offense to it. Life is short, be happy. :o)