W6VC Dave Waxman

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

W6VC Dave Waxman

Post by KA9FOX »

On May 4, 2006, W6VC Dave Waxman attempted to place a classified ad on QTH.com. As most of you know, to stop the spammers from posting here, we ask users to tell us what number means "Best Regards" in ham lingo -- the number that is said at the end of most ham QSOs. W6VC answered this question as "qrt" and so our system rejected his ad.

I wrote W6VC a personal e-mail, giving him the proper answer, so he could place his ad. It is rare, but sometimes people don't understand the question.

What follows is the e-mail that I received back from W6VC. Personally, I would not want to buy/sell/trade this this person, but as always, you will have to make your own decision... this is just my opinion.

Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 19:11:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ad rejected by QTH.com
To: Scott Neader KA9FOX

I Don't give a crap whether you List it or not. You
sound like a screw ball any way.I made extra class in
9 months and i converted all my mike's myself.And i
have a collection that would bring me a lota bucks if
i chose to sell.I'm glad they don't act like a ASS on
e-bay. Your about the biggest screw ball i have ever
run across on Ham. Just for the record i also have a
WebPage Design Business.So i guess i'm not as stupid
as you portray me or any other Ham.So Good Rithems
Moron. People like you need to go back to 11 meters
where probably you reside. W6VC Thats Me Moron

Again, you decide whether this is someone you would want to conduct business with or not. I'll pass.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
VE2AMN

Post by VE2AMN »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And he`s sending YOU back on 11 meters?
You made my day, Scott!!!!

Gilles, in the great white north..
n9vao

Post by n9vao »

Go to QRZ.com and check this guys bio. From what he said in the e-mail he sent Scott it does not sound like a holy man to me.
I guess when he does not get what he wants his true colors show through.
I would not deal with this guy either, I'm afraid if I asked him a question he would condemn me to smoke a t**d in hell.
Also, it would be in his best interest to turn on the spell checker option on his computer.
What do you use on your radio? A mic or mike?
K0CRX

Post by K0CRX »

Geez, guys. Give the poor guy a break. After all, he did convert all of his "mike's" by himself!! I'm not quite sure what that means, but, I am sure it wasn't easy for him.

Does anyone have a clue as to what "Good Rithems Moron" means?? Maybe he's a musician, too!! Being the obvious genius that he is, I'm sure he'll stick to his super successful web design business and not lower himself to our level here in ham radio.

People like this make me laugh. They are their own worst enemy and are too dumb to realize it!!

Rock on "W6VC Thats Me Moron"!!

Scott, seriously, you do an excellent job here at QTH.com. You have successfully filtered out another non-contributing parasite.

Mike
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

K0CRX wrote:Does anyone have a clue as to what "Good Rithems Moron" means??
I had to think about that one, too. I believe he meant "Good riddance" -- to say that he would not be using QTH.com any more, I guess?

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

KA9FOX wrote:
K0CRX wrote:Does anyone have a clue as to what "Good Rithems Moron" means??
I had to think about that one, too. I believe he meant "Good riddance" -- to say that he would not be using QTH.com any more, I guess?

- Scott
Not even close, Scott.. "May your hems always be dyed with Rit Maroon dye!" It's a little known blessing used by folks with poor spelling skills...

:P :P

KM5FL