Scott Davis - KA5SEK You SUCK

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kf8jl

Scott Davis - KA5SEK You SUCK

Post by kf8jl »

I sent KA5SEK Scott Davis $100.00 for a DX-394.
Guess what, it never showed up. He would not send me a tracking number,
And will not reply to my e-mails. I do have the e-mails up to the point of him telling me My money order made it to him. Then that was the end of it.
Scott Davis - KA5SEK Has 24 - Listing right now on QTH.
I wish I had checked this forum before i sent him anything.

I think Scott Davis Needs A JOB!!!
KD4ZIP

Re: Scott Davis - KA5SEK You SUCK

Post by KD4ZIP »

I sent KA5SEK Scott Davis $100.00 for a DX-394.
And will not reply to my e-mails. I do have the e-mails up to the point of him telling me My money order made it to him. Then that was the end of it.

If it was a postal money order the post office may help you?? Thanks Ron KD4ZIP
n6xa

Sorry you got ripped

Post by n6xa »

Amazing!!! Saw a couple of posts about similar complaints and asked the moderator if a person with negative feedback is allowed to continue posting items for sale. He replied that in this case there were only a couple of complaints and one was from overseas so he did not think it was that bad. Unlike years past, online purchases are starting to look rather shaky to me. Seeing this kind of feedback posted repeatedly makes my shy away from any purchases or even sales of my used equipment on any online site.

Please understand that I am not badmouthing QTH.com, in the past it has been quite good for me and have supported it. I also understand that there are always two sides to an argument.

So what do we do? Just buy used if it is face to face from a ham you know or buy new I guess?

Kinda sucks...ehhh?

Ed
kf8jl

Thanks for the reply

Post by kf8jl »

I agree. QTH.COM Has been very good to me also.
In fact I never had any trouble, and met alot of Great Ham's.
I dont think i will be sending any money order's
anytime soon!! And i want to say, I had about 12 - 15 E-mail From other
Ham that Got Scam From Scott Davis. I wish they would post here so everyone
will know not to trust Scott Davis - KA5SEK - 1-806-470-7283

Thank You.
angel05

Re: Scott Davis - KA5SEK You SUCK

Post by angel05 »

kf8jl wrote:I sent KA5SEK Scott Davis $100.00 for a DX-394.

Do you still have your receipt off your money order. If you do I think you can get the post office into the problem. If he didn't send you the merchdise that they promise you. Check on the back of the receipt of your moneyorder but it is insured I hope you get this problem resloved
n6xa

I Agree

Post by n6xa »

If you sent a money order via mail and did not get the mds, then I would think the Post Master General would be the one to complain to. If it was a US Postal Money Order that would seem to get more interest from the Post Master.