THIS IS NOT A RESPONSABLE OPERATOR *BRIAN*KC8ZJD

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N3GY

THIS IS NOT A RESPONSABLE OPERATOR *BRIAN*KC8ZJD

Post by N3GY »

Mr. BRIAN K. PATTERSON POSTED 4/21/2006
TO:WHOM IT MY CONCERN.
Mr. Patterson submmit some Items,from listing #526911 on 4/06/2006
in between those Item was or still are a SM-8 Micro,
I send Mr. Patterson the amount of $130.00 postal money order on 04/13/2006
confirmation # 7005 1160 0000 6386 1473 and today i'm still waiting for my SM-8 I send him a about 4 or 5 Email Mr.Patterson anwser a couples SOON THAT I RECIEVED THE MONEY I WILL SHIP THE ITEM,, nothinng yet I'm still waiting for my SM-8 Desk Mic.
Thank you
Pedro
n3gy
73's. to all and be careful out there not everybody are the same
:x
kc8zjd

Post by kc8zjd »

I hope everyone keeps track of your timeline on this transaction. You JUST mailed the money order a week ago, and you are blasting me because you don't have your mic yet? It's not like you paid via Paypal, I ship when I receive the money order.

In addition, you shipped Certified, so since I could not be here to sign, they did not leave the MO. As soon as I got back to town and could go to the PO to pick it up, I did so. So now that I have received the MO, I have shipped your microphone, FedEx Ground, Tracking # 468418553596640.

I replied to every one of your e-mails, and when I told you that the PO had left a certified letter notice and I would have to go to pick it up and it would not be until the next day because I work, THIS WAS YOUR RESPONSE:

"the post man miss you because you was working,((with out any offend))you know that I don't I'm only a buyer and I only would like for you to send my Item ASPA."

Congratulations man, I'm glad you don't have to work for a living. That's great. However, I do... and I'm not going to completely neglect my work and family to cater to your mic shipment. It shipped barely 24 hours after I received your MO. If that timeline is too long, then I just have to say that your expectations are COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC.

This is ridiculous.

From now on I'll just send all my stuff to EBay. Avoid the people offering me half of asking price, avoid people like you who expect that I sat here for 3 straight days in my lawn chair by the mailbox just WAITING for the postman to arrive with your letter and that I would have keys in hand headed to the PO before he got off my porch, and probably make more money even after the fees from ebay.

Enjoy your mic Pedro.

To all the sellers: Make sure you can meet Pedro's high demands, because if you have not shipped within 24 hours of receiving his certified letter, he will try and trash your name.

I guess I am just not "RESPONSABLE" enough.
ka9ees

Post by ka9ees »

Sounds like he owes you an apology Brian. A PUBLIC one!

Ed KA9EES
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

Nothing quite like impatience!! :wink:
w0zs

Post by w0zs »

I am surprised that he hasn't posted a reply or an apology based on his own high expectations. I would think 48 hours would outrageous! :roll:

WK0F, Terry
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

At the risk of being chastized, I'll be blunt and to the point.....

Pedro: Your expectations of rapid shipment are highly unreasonable and unfounded. You owe the man a public apology.. Right here on this forum.. Today...

KM5FL
N2PET

Post by N2PET »

Something tells me he will never get one. Private or Public :(
kc8zjd

Post by kc8zjd »

You know what, it just doesn't matter to me. I know I'm honest, and I'm not perfect. I always try to ship timely, and while I think I did so in PLENTY of time in this transaction, even in ones where I could not ship INSTANTLY I have always stayed in contact with people and made right, and thus far I have had no complaints with what I've sold, so... live and learn.

I really don't want an apology, the transaction is done for me... all I hope is that Pedro gets a little better grip on reality so someone else doesn't get trashed publicly when they don't deserve it.
w0zs

Post by w0zs »

KC8ZJD,
I would deal with you anyday! You seem like a very trustworthy person. Don't let Pedro stop you from doing what you do!
73 es hope to CU on the air sometime! :D
Terry, WK0F
K4ICL

Panic by Pedro presuming purse was purloined?

Post by K4ICL »

Payment Received:

Label/Receipt Number: 7005 1160 0000 6386 1473Status: DeliveredYour item was delivered at 3:13 pm on April 20, 2006 in CHARLESTON, WV 25303.

Package Shipped:

Tracking number 468418553596640
Ship date Apr 24, 2006
Estimated delivery Apr 26, 2006

Destination PHILADELPHIA, PA
Service type Home Delivery
Pieces 1
Weight 2.7 lbs.

Status Departed FedEx location

Date/Time Activity Location Details
Apr 25, 2006 5:59 AM Departed FedEx location GROVE CITY, OH
12:49 AM Arrived at FedEx location GROVE CITY, OH
Apr 24, 2006 9:39 PM Left origin SCOTT DEPOT, WV
7:40 PM Arrived at FedEx location SCOTT DEPOT, WV
6:05 PM Picked up SCOTT DEPOT, WV
Apr 21, 2006 11:16 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx

Panic by Pedro presuming purse was purloined?
kc8zjd

Post by kc8zjd »

K4ICL - not sure if you agree or disagree with me based on your post, but regardless...

Ship date was 4/21, not 4/24... however Ground shipments are not moved on weekends, thus it did not start transit until Monday, 4/24. I sent the package at 11:00 PM that Friday night just to try and get it out the next day after payment received.

So payment received 4/20, item shipped 4/21, delivery scheduled for 4/26... I don't think I did anything wrong.
K4ICL

The evidence is clear... You done good.

Post by K4ICL »

Your actions were the same as anyone elses' working the deal with Pedro would have been--timely and within reason.

From what Pedro says in his initial posting, he did not receive some critical communication from you, for what ever reason. This, from what I gather, caused him to become alarmed and your know the rest.

At any rate, it is clearly an honest misunderstanding. I suspect you will be hearing from Pedro in the near future, if not on his site, in a private message.

Cheers,

AL
kc8zjd

Post by kc8zjd »

More than a month has gone by with no response from Pedro at all after his posting. I e-mailed him again today as I saw he was listing items for sale, asking for him to respond to clear up this issue.

I sure hope his buyers are much more realistic than he was.
W0LC

Pretty Sad

Post by W0LC »

Have to agree. Pretty sad and sorry to see someone not address the real issue, which there didn't seem to be one.

I recently had the unfortunately fun to sell something to someone in S. Texas only to be told after the fact that the payment, a check, which I repeatedly stated that I wanted a money order (so I don't have to sit on the check for days on end), was mailed to me via airmail.

Airmail? Someone, from S. Texas to N. Texas? What's with that.

Well, 3 weeks later, still haven't seen it.

Hmmm.