What's up with W6EIO???

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kl7fz

What's up with W6EIO???

Post by kl7fz »

I have tried to purchase a couple of items from W6EIO. He refuses to sell outside the lower 48. I offered to cover any extra shipping. I said I would include a made-out mailing label. I sent a polite request asking his reasons why he would not deal with me. He doesn't even bother to respond. Nothing. Nada.
I am having a hard time understanding what reasons he could have for not selling to another American. Most of the small items he sells would be the exact same shipping costs to me as the rest of the US. Same PO. No more effort needed to ship to me than the rest of the 48. NOTHING. Yet, absolute refusal to ship or even provide a reason.
Maybe I should request the oil companies up here refuse to sell him gas made from Alaskan oil.

Anybody know this guy and can give me some insight as to what gives??
Thanks
Steve KL7FZ
curt

The Way I See It

Post by curt »

With all due respect Steve why do you feel he owes you anything, and that includes an explanation about his mind set? This is a free country even up there where you are and the last time I looked no one owes the next person (stranger) any explanation other than what he stated as his terms. Do you think or believe that coming on here and asking others this question is going to accomplish anything other than possibly pissing the man off and setting in stone his resolve.

So far we are all allowed the freedom to sell or trade any way we see fit whether that makes some people happy or otherwise is not even the core issue nor should it be.

I believe in certain things (religious) that I am sure you don’t, so does coming on here asking others if I am crazy for believing these things change anything other than make you look strange? That is how I see your comments, it’s a moot point therefore so is this topic.

Curt/k3ey
kl7fz

Re: The Way I See It

Post by kl7fz »

curt wrote:Do you think or believe that coming on here and asking others this question is going to accomplish anything other than possibly pissing the man off and setting in stone his resolve.
Curt/k3ey

Curt In this case I have nothing to lose, do I? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. He obviously has something against us. I would like to know why I am being discriminated aginst.

Steve
curt

I don't think so

Post by curt »

There's that PC/ incorrect thing that is so invasive these days I see in your words. He can sell to anyone except white men, or red men or whoever he chooses, like I said, freedom. No one is regulating him, nor should they and nor should you give a whit what the hell he does, move on the next trader as there are only about ten million others to choose from. You are not going to change his mind but instead only make yourself frustrated and look like the belligerent enforcer of antiquity.
kl7fz

Re: I don't think so

Post by kl7fz »

curt wrote:There's that PC/ incorrect thing that is so invasive these days I see in your words. He can sell to anyone except white men, or red men or whoever he chooses, like I said, freedom. No one is regulating him, nor should they and nor should you give a whit what the hell he does, move on the next trader as there are only about ten million others to choose from. You are not going to change his mind but instead only make yourself frustrated and look like the belligerent enforcer of antiquity.

I am not demanding he sell to me. Just wanting to know why he won't.

The quest for knowledge and all that jazz. After all hams are supposed to be into communications aren't they?

He obviously has some sort of issue with those outside the 48. If someone had a grudge against you, you would like to know why, wouldn't you??

KL7FZ
curt

Re: I don't think so

Post by curt »

He obviously has some sort of issue with those outside the 48. If someone had a grudge against you, you would like to know why, wouldn't you??

KL7FZ[/quote]

If my conscience was clear, no I wouldn't care because that would be considered his and not my problem.

I have sold many items to AK without problem and only post 48 because in most cases when I am paying the shipping costs it's a tad more to AK. I ship anywhere and sometimes it is a pain but if I want it sold I live with the pain. This guy for whatever reason chooses to bypass your state and for you to make an issue out of it is not even rational.

Any further replies IMO are same and therefore Vy Best of 73's and Happy Trading...curt/k3ey
kl7fz

Post by kl7fz »

Curt Thank you for your opinion and reply. But I learned nothing from it as you apparently don't know the fellow in question, have no knowledge of his reasons, and cannot provide the answers I was seeking.
But I do humbly thank you for your input.
KL7FZ
kc8zjd

Post by kc8zjd »

It is kind of interesting to watch how when this whole "FREEDOM" things works AGAINST our favor instead of for it, how painful it can be.

He obviously does not care to ship outside the 48, and obviously does not feel he needs to explain why he chooses not to either.

And, painful as it may be, he is free to do BOTH of those!

Sadly, whether he ever DID give you a reason or not, it would likely be meaningless, because you already stated there is no reason not to in your opinion, so are you just looking to start a fight, or are you trying to change his mind by dragging his name into this forum?

I fail to see the point other than you're mad and you want a place to vent.
kl7fz

Post by kl7fz »

KC8ZJD
NOT mad. Curious. As I see it, the quest for knowledge, whether it be technical or insight into the reasons and motives of others I may encounter, is never meaningless, especially if it affects my efforts in a given endeavor. But it may allow me to better understand the other's viewpoint and thus be better able to perform in future situations.
And I also have the FREEDOM to ask don't I? And the FREEDOM to pursue the quest for understanding.
And as I said before:
Thank you for your opinion and reply. But I learned nothing from it as you apparently don't know the fellow in question, have no knowledge of his reasons, and cannot provide the answers I was seeking.
But I do humbly thank you for your input.
KL7FZ