the peoples court, you will decide this one your vote counts

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

agree

Post by w8jn »

scott, i fully agree with you. chris made an honest mistake. i continued to tell him that i would "INSTANTLY" refund his money as soon as the filter was in my hands. he jumped the gun about a week before i ended up with the filter and posted insulting posts in the "announce" section of qth. while he left my name out, it was a personal attack on my honesty and integrity. you know that i can be abrasive however you also know that i am straight up and honest to a fault. i have gone out of my way to help protect fellow hams on this site and you also know that i made a personal trip to toledo ohio to recover a rig for a fellow in poland that was cheated by one of our fellow "extras" who was a deadbeat. i spent a lot of personal time and expense getting that rig and then shipped it to poland for radek. chris is going to be held accountable for his poor judgement. i will determine what his accountability is. maybe a scarlet "i" on his forhead for "impatient". regards paul
SP5TVK

Re: agree

Post by SP5TVK »

I read all posts in that topic a few minutes ago, and it seems like impossible.
Paul, W8JN is very honest man. Some of my Polish friends bought many different items, like transceivers, antennas and accessories. Items, which he sold them were always better as in description.
w8jn wrote:you know that i can be abrasive however you also know that i am straight up and honest to a fault. i have gone out of my way to help protect fellow hams on this site and you also know that i made a personal trip to toledo ohio to recover a rig for a fellow in poland that was cheated by one of our fellow "extras" who was a deadbeat. i spent a lot of personal time and expense getting that rig and then shipped it to poland for radek.
It is always true. I'm Radek from Poland and it was my failed deal.
Last year Paul recovered the transceiver I bought and never got it.
Last September I wrote about it here:
http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=1692&highlight=

I don't agree with Chris with his publically questioning Paul's honesty.
I think it was possible to make happy end without arguing.

Paul was always very helpful and very often unselfish (also in my case).

73!
Radek SP5TVK

p.s. I'm sorry for my english mistakes. I still learn it.
73's
Radek SP5TVK (ex. SP4TVK)
W0LC

Clarification

Post by W0LC »

KA9FOX wrote:Often times I will use the callsign lookup tool here on QTH, or the one at QRZ, to print a shipping label. These lookup tools pull data from the FCC database, which should always be accurate. I don't blame Chris for doing that... I would have done the same thing out of habit.

Paul, I'm not justifying the mistake... just letting you know that this type of mistake is easy to do. It would be best to let the FCC know of your new address, if you have not done so already.

- Scott
Scott

It was admitted I sent the item back to the wrong address because it was incorrect in the ULS. That is a dead issue.

At no time was Paul's call posted. I was ASKED to put out an announcement for folks to check their info on the ULS and make sure they verify it and keep it up to date. There ARE individuals out there that don't for various reasons, and unfortunately, some of them do scam individuals out of money and send nothing to the Buyer in return. I have seen a good number of posts where the address info was used as an alternate only to find out later, it was a drop off and not a real QTH. Whatever.

Paul read into the post what wasn't there, but I took it down regardless.
I am certain I could say the same thing of his posting here, but why bother.

I agree. This is a pi**ing contest and frankly, I don't get nor do I like to involve myself with that stuff on here, or on the air. At least there I can turn the dial.

I responded per your recommendation and you see how ridiculous this keeps getting. My IS department at work has him blocked because of offensive wording and phrases that he sent so now I can't respond to any possible e-mails, let alone see them, should he be sending any.

You see how stupid this has become. If Paul had told me to just keep the filter, I will send you $ back, I would not have bought another one that did work out of the box. So where it goes from here is up to God I suppose. I have no crystal ball.
w8jn

resolved

Post by w8jn »

tick tick tock. deadline expired. the issue was resolved by chris' lack of response. thanks to all who took the time to respond to this post or to me personally! 73 to all. 73 paul w8jn
w8jn

resolved

Post by w8jn »

thanks to all who took an active role in the peoples court. i just returned from the post office. my guess is that chris will be back here whinning and posting away on monday when the usps delivers. he made the choice through his lack of action! has this been fun or what!!!!! :twisted: i love it when someone attacks me. its so much fun! my daddy always said.."paul never start a fight, but if someone starts a fight with you give them such a beat down that they will never do it again". fun fun fun, or as gomer pyle said "surprise surprise surprise"
w8jn

resolved

Post by w8jn »

THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED. Thanks to all of you fellow hams who took part in Judge Wapners court:) You all know me and know that Ibelieve that a person only has his reputation and integrity. Good old Chris decided to cast aspersions on my honesty and integrity all the while I told him as soon as he placed the filter in my hand he would have his $$$ back. He jumped the gun, became impatient, publically questioned my honesty and then proceeded to email me numerous times daily with insults and whinning. My goal was to cause him as much aggravation as I could. I was successful and pleased with the result. Being the honest ham that I am, His money was refunded, however not before I soundly caused him as much stress and annoyance as I possibly could think of. Chris, as old John Daily used to say.... "You have been selected as Queen for a day" It's ok for a princess to whine
W0LC

Too Sad

Post by W0LC »

Thanks for finally doing the right thing Paul. Yes, integrity and character are very important aspects of being and acting like an adult and an amateur radio operator. That is why I stand behind each sales and every transaction that I conduct.

Perhaps next time should issues ever arise, you will work a bit more closely with the other party and also take the time to answer e-mails. When one fails to do that, an individual casts a great deal of doubt as to their intentions.

This could have been resolved much quicker had you answered earlier e-mails that I sent you. I could have kept the item and had it repaired professionally, but that was you option.

Adios.
K4ICL

Here is my personal "vote"...

Post by K4ICL »

Two adults, overacting because they believe they have been, will be, or could be scammed by the other, have brought this topic to the public stage and the show has gone on.

It is revealed, during the play, that mistakes were made; common mistakes blown out of proportion due to the emotional nature of the perception of having been scammed.

Other actors spiced up the show by adding their opinions of the ill-perceived issue at hand or reporting experiences that appeared, at the time, to be related.

Finally, in the last act, it is revealed that neither intentionally cheated or scammed the other.

Has the final curtain gone down? I hope so.

The "People's Court" has been a flop, a total waste of bandwidth, including this posting.

K4ICL
w8jn

opinions are like..........

Post by w8jn »

al baby, in the overall scheme of things your opinion is worthless. then again so is chris' and so is mine.... translated into english.... you don't care about me and i certainly don't care of your opinion of my use of bandwith. :lol:
hpadron2004

........."the people court.........."

Post by hpadron2004 »

Geeeeeeee guys,you both look like two kids fighting for a small toy,this is the most unsense and unnecessary fight I have ever seen in this forum and could be well solved by sincere conversations by phone, but well after I have read all the posts carefully and patiently the moment to vote has arrived.
Chris you have my vote,I am in your side,this guy challenged you,he wanted a fight and he has made this big BS deal and you replied him back as a man of your word and for me you won the fight,BRAVO!!!! you are the man,you are the winner,he is the loser,onlyt thing he got on this crazy fight he started is to lose his credibilty among us,you have showed us with your evidences that you acted honesty,in my opinion he sold you a DOA filter,period!! and you deserve your money back,IF he does not do that he will probe again his nonsense,even If you don't get your money back,you are the winner and the real honest guy here,again BRAVO!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!!.
God bless America