KK7AZ

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kc6mmi

KK7AZ

Post by kc6mmi »

BEWARE of KK7AZ,HEATH, JOHN C
50 RILL RD
PRESCOTT, AZ 86301

he Goes by "Jack" his ebay seller Id is:jch@commspeed.net I purchased His FT 990 AC eBay Item #1949682555
He stated in the auction and on the phone that this rig was in PERFECT CONDITION, NO EXTRAS, COMPLETELY STOCK .I asked if it needed any service, he stated it did not.
when it arrived undamaged I found it Modified For out of band transmit, loose controls, Only the "s" meter function working, the radio transmitting at 32MHZ on 10 and 12 meters, all the case screw heads deformed. he agreed to pay the Yaesu service bill then refuses to do so after its repaired because I am & have been in contact with the buyer of his other 990 item #3001244561 that is at Yaesu service now. Jack also states in an e mail that he hooked 2 990's along with a FT 1000 in line all at the same time & checked them. its interesting that The 990 I bought from him and the other 990 where damaged by either static OR A Large RF signal feed into the front end according to Yaesu service.
Rich
KC6MMI
JCH

REPLY FROM KK7AZ

Post by JCH »

YES I SOLD KC6MMI A YAESU 990 AND HE TOOK IT ALL APART AND PULLED ALL THE BOARDS OUT. THEN HE GAVE ME A LOT OF TEC. TALK ABOUT ALL HE KNEW ABOUT RADIO REPAIR. SAID HE DID IT FOR A LIVING,HE COMPLETLELY CHECKED THE RADIO WITH HIS CB METERS, SO I SAID TO SHIP IT TO YAESU AND FIND OUT WHAT'S WRONG. LONG STORY SHORT, TOTAL YAESU REPAIR BILL WAS $70, THAT'S THEIR MIN. CHARGE. TWO TRANSISTORS ($3.50) PROBABLY BROKEN WHEN HE TOOK IT APART. NO MENTION OF S-METER-32MHZ-OR OUT OF BAND. YES HE CONTACTED MY OTHER BUYERS ON E-BAY AND BAD RAPPED ME, HE HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH HIS TIME, LOOK AT THE TIME HE POSTED HERE.... 4:17 AM. MAYBE IF HE SPENT HIS TIME STUDYING HE COULD UPGRADE FROM TEC. TO GENERAL. HE'S ONLY A TEC. SINCE 2-12-91. HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER TAKEN THE RADIO APART, HE'S NOT QUALIFYED TO TALK ON IT LET ALONE WORK ON IT. IF I DON'T PAY HIM HE'LL KEEP THIS CRAP UP WELL "HAVE AT IT" HIS E-BAY NAME IS "ESWAP4FREEDOM" HIS LAST BUYS WERE A 40 CH CB, AND A SET OF CB WATT METERS....... WHAT'S THAT TELL YOU. NAME CALLING ECT. JUST TELL'S YOU WHAT I'VE PUT UP WITH, OUR HOBBY IS GOING TO THE DOGS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THIS. WHEN THE YELLOW SHEETS WERE GOING WE DIDN'T HAVE THIS. HIS OLD ADDRESS WAS 2112 15TH S AVE, SACRAMENTO....... MORE ON THAT LATER. ONE THING ABOUT E-BAY...... NO NAME CALLING OR GIVING OUT A PERSONS PERSONAL INFO. OH WHAT WE'VE BECOME. THANK YOU