K2VI Anthony Costa

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wpuk714

K2VI Anthony Costa

Post by wpuk714 »

He had for sale a "new in the box" Gigabyte motherboard for $55. Emailed him to get the model # so I could check out the specifications. This model had for sale was what I needed - so I bought it. Received from him a few days later a Micro-Star brand motherboard - completely different from what he was selling. Immediately brought this to attention - thought he just sent the wrong motherboard. He refuses to take it back and give a refund.
It's hard to tell if he is being dishonest, or if he just doesn't know that different motherboards have different capabilities. Anyhow, I stuck with a motherboard I have no use for - and he has my $55.00.
Be careful dealing with this guy - when it concerns computer equipment.
kg4yjr

Dishonesty grows.

Post by kg4yjr »

It's the same problem I had with a well known business. They see individual sellers making money by ripping people off and they figure they should do the same thing. I was sold the wrong color radio last year from Lee Electronics in Ohio. I was offered a refund if I sent the radio back at my cost. The sales jerk named Tom told me that this was bending over backwards to help me. A lot of these crooked dealers seem to be in Ohio. Must be weak consumer's-rights laws in that state. R & L Electronics also based in Ohio sold me an opened box radio after I told them I didn't want a demo, display or that type of radio sent to me. They said "Screw him...we need that sale" and sent an opened box radio anyway.