N7VC Great Ham!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4KTL

N7VC Great Ham!

Post by W4KTL »

Just received an older Icom 2 mtr mobile I bought on qth.com from N7VC. He sold it to me at a very fair price , the rig was immaculate and works like a new one. Thanks Den! Hope to do business with you again!
W0LC

Bad Deal with N7VC

Post by W0LC »

Well, I bought an antenna from N7VC only to receive it with damaged and deformed mounting hardware. After weeks of e-mails, no answers to phone calls, I finally get ahold of him.

I already spent $30 from Cushcraft to replace what he had hacksawed off and told him (and copied him) the Cushcraft replacement cost I incurred for an antenna I could have purchased new for less then what I ended up paying out on his.

The replacement parts totaled $30 and he didn't understand why it was such a big deal. I ended up getting $10 from him but that still is far short of what he owed me.

Since then, I received other e-mails from some other amateurs alerted me to the fact he isn't well received in his own area for similar dealings with others.

All I can say is he misrepresented what he sold me, didn't refund or pay for the replacement parts he owed me, and although not a large sum of money, I won't be doing any business with him ever again, nor will a host of others from what I have been told.