WN8BOB unpleasant, backed out of deal

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
AI4NU

WN8BOB unpleasant, backed out of deal

Post by AI4NU »

WN8BOB wrote me this nasty email (see below) after I gave him my phone numbers to discuss our pending trade. He then backed out of the deal because he "doesn't have time for such nonsense." In my opinion, if he doesn't have time to speak on the phone then he doesn't have time to box and ship the radio...

My email to him:

Bob,
If evenings are not good for you please call me at work Tuesday at xxx-xxx-xxxx between 9 and 5:30. I go by Sylvan, my middle name. QRZ lists me as Leland S Williams-I hope that hasn't been confusing. Or, after 6 you can call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I want to arrange details for our trade.

Thanks

His reply to me:

I never agreed to do any PHONE CHASING back and forth,that was YOUR idea,I work 12 hours a day and don't have time for such nonsense,if you don't trust someone I can understand that,I have changed my mind becasue of all the crazy supposed " I want It Deals" I am going to sell it outright and buy a brand new VX-170,as you can see its 3 am,and I just now have had time to get back on computer,thanks anyway...BOB
blake

backing out of a deal

Post by blake »

backing out of a deal is okay as long either party has not send there radio out yet. i can see if you sent bob the radio then he changed his mine but no body sent anything. ps i have traded with bob many times.blake
AI4NU

Post by AI4NU »

Backing out is fine. I posted this feedback about his unprovoked, hateful response to me. All he had to do was tell me he can't get to a phone, that's all. Personally, I believe that people are less likely to rip you off if you work the deal on the phone so I prefer that if possible.
nova1010

Re: WN8BOB unpleasant, backed out of deal

Post by nova1010 »

AI4NU wrote:WN8BOB wrote me this nasty email (see below) after I gave him my phone numbers to discuss our pending trade. He then backed out of the deal because he "doesn't have time for such nonsense." In my opinion, if he doesn't have time to speak on the phone then he doesn't have time to box and ship the radio...

My email to him:

Bob,
If evenings are not good for you please call me at work Tuesday at xxx-xxx-xxxx between 9 and 5:30. I go by Sylvan, my middle name. QRZ lists me as Leland S Williams-I hope that hasn't been confusing. Or, after 6 you can call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I want to arrange details for our trade.

Thanks

His reply to me:

I never agreed to do any PHONE CHASING back and forth,that was YOUR idea,I work 12 hours a day and don't have time for such nonsense,if you don't trust someone I can understand that,I have changed my mind becasue of all the crazy supposed " I want It Deals" I am going to sell it outright and buy a brand new VX-170,as you can see its 3 am,and I just now have had time to get back on computer,thanks anyway...BOB
I dont see anything nasty about the email ,straight to the point and no beating around the bush thats what i like,but what I do see is that your ticked because you didnt get the deal ,and I do think you need to appalogise to Bob for posting something that should have been kept personal between you two.email him PM him do what you must but I think Bob deserves an appalogy.
Shawn(nova1010)
kg5i

I don't normally comment but....

Post by kg5i »

Why does an un-trusting, paranoid person even come to sites like this? If you need to make a phone call to deal, why not call AES? I'm sure they would love to hear from you. . .

Don't try to blame Bob; It's all you.
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

This is unbeleivable.
There is no reason that someone selling an item should be reluctant to speak on the phone with a prospective buyer unless he just can not speak on the phone.

It is called "SELLING".

Each person needs to decide for themselves what is and what is not acceptable as far as communications goes but I also am very wary of someone who can not make time for a call.

To act as though one method is correct and another is not is silly to me also.
If one party is not willing to talk then I just move on,There are plenty of deals out there.
But to condemn someone for having standards when you seem to also is more than a little hypocritical.

I also posted this opinion a few days ago and it was removed from here by the moderators I presume.
Evidently they too must feel that a dissenting opinion is not called for.
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

KC0UKR wrote:This is unbeleivable.
There is no reason that someone selling an item should be reluctant to speak on the phone with a prospective buyer unless he just can not speak on the phone.

It is called "SELLING".

Each person needs to decide for themselves what is and what is not acceptable as far as communications goes but I also am very wary of someone who can not make time for a call.

To act as though one method is correct and another is not is silly to me also.
If one party is not willing to talk then I just move on,There are plenty of deals out there.
But to condemn someone for having standards when you seem to also is more than a little hypocritical.

I also posted this opinion a few days ago and it was removed from here by the moderators I presume.
I second that!!
K4ICL

Not really...

Post by K4ICL »

Not really, dissention and opposite opinions are fine so long as they pertain to the topic at hand. The rules are simple: keep it clean, keep it amateur radio, keep it cool.

Calling attention to another commenter's personality traits is not staying on the topic.

Cheers,

K4ICL