W6BBS - Ripped Off I Guess

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wb8kbw

W6BBS - Ripped Off I Guess

Post by wb8kbw »

Well Christmas has come and christmas has gone, still no Icom IC-745
Thanks Frank W6BBs for ruiening my christmas, sure hope no one else
got ripped off by you.

Its been A month and no reply to calls or E-mails I guess I can kiss the 450.00 bucks goodby.

Max Wb8kbw
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

SORRY MAX FOR YOU MISFOURTUNE IT IS VERY UPSETTING MAKES ME WANT TO GET OUT OF THE HOBBY AND PERSUE SOMETHING ELSE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME MORE THAN ONCE SEND MONEY IN GOOD FAITH AND GET THE SHAFT. BEST OF LUCK HOPE YOU GET IT WORKED OUT. :!: :!: :!: :!:
wb8kbw

Thanks

Post by wb8kbw »

Thanks Danny

Its a shame there is nothing we can do about it because he will probley do it again to some one else, I live on Social Security and 450.00 is abig part of my monthly income to just throw away like that..

Thanks again for you concern

Max
N8XFJ

Post by N8XFJ »

It is a terrible shame people who call themselves hams and do people the way they do...I feel for your loss and know how it is as well, I been going thru this with several I've lost too and hope it don't happen to anyone else...
Like I said in my other post because of this is why I will never ship anything out first again no matter what type of buy,sale, or trade it is, the individual will have to ship to me first or there won't be a deal...
Good Luck
KC2MRU

Post by KC2MRU »

I'm not the richest guy in the world myself Max .... so I can understand where you're coming from , $450.00 is alot of money to just throw away like that . I myself have had 2 different Hams burn me as well , and I got out of the Ham hobby because of those 2 Operators . I didn't lose as much as you but being burned twice taught me not to stay in this hobby any longer. I know that there are good Hams out there .... but in the area I live in they are few and in between . Anyways I hope things eventually work out for you and what you paid arrives sooner or later .
wb5hze

Post by wb5hze »

A Google search shows that Frank is a VE at the Madera County ARC, www.w6wgz.org. You might try contacting some of the club officers- perhaps W6BBS is unable to meet his obligations for a legitimate reason (hospitalized, family emergency, etc). There are several member phone numbers listed at the club website (including that of W6BBS, under "Exams"). I wouldn't give up yet!
w1bak

Check your email online.

Post by w1bak »

My ISP (in their infinate wisdom) will sometimes screen out email I should have gotten because they thought it was spam!! I check my email online a couple times a week, to see what got inadvertantly stuffed into the spam folder. Before I discovered this, I was loosing 2% of my personal email and folks were calling me and asking why I didn't reply!!
No...there's no setting for me to reset !! The spam filter is just there and I have to live with it !!
k8vf

ripped off?

Post by k8vf »

Max, call around-he may have passed away, also.
I sold a Paragon II to a fellow in Fla and he never acknowledged receipt....2 weeks later it is for sale in Fla...the guy had passed away, family friend was selling it.

Just a thought.

Mark
K8VF