Anyone bought a FT-1500M from a KJ4 in Winder, GA lately?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k7tce

Anyone bought a FT-1500M from a KJ4 in Winder, GA lately?

Post by k7tce »

This is very strange, so I'll not use his call/name yet. He had a FT-1500M for sale, I sent him a US Postal MO for $125. Five days after he should have shipped it he told me he had broken the volume control shaft, said it the shaft was hollow, bingo, that's a high failure rate item on this model. Said he'd be sending me a MO to refund. Up to that point we had exchanged 8-10 emails. He hasn't responded to my last 3 emails, nor sent the MO (been two weeks now), he never answers his cell phone. What concerns me is he never deleted the ad after I sent him the money. He seemed nice enough, and, he's an extra class ham. Maybe he is sick or in the hospital? Can't believe someone would do this.
N8XFJ

hmm

Post by N8XFJ »

Well I certainly can understand where your coming from on this, I made some deals with others especially one in Wa and in NC which I can not release their names or calls yet due to postal inspector investigations,made deals with these guys never got any of my $$ back or the items owed to me or anything of the things I had mailed. I lost alot of Motorola radios to the individual in WA which is an extraclass operator and he used a false mailing to obtain stuff from people and then dissapeared..The one from NC is still pending and the one from NY is pending, if I don't hear from the one in NY this time next week Im posting their name and callsign. I do greatly apologize if this does cause any inconvienence for some, but I will NOT ever send anything out first again whether Im buying,selling, or trading..The individual will have to mail to me first what ever kinda of deal we are doing or there won't be a deal..Like I said I do apologize for this, and I think it is a shame that other hams do such ignorant stuff to give all hams a bad name...[/b]
wa4cch

Re: Anyone bought a FT-1500M from a KJ4 in Winder, GA lately

Post by wa4cch »

k7tce wrote:This is very strange, so I'll not use his call/name yet. He had a FT-1500M for sale, I sent him a US Postal MO for $125. Five days after he should have shipped it he told me he had broken the volume control shaft, said it the shaft was hollow, bingo, that's a high failure rate item on this model. Said he'd be sending me a MO to refund. Up to that point we had exchanged 8-10 emails. He hasn't responded to my last 3 emails, nor sent the MO (been two weeks now), he never answers his cell phone. What concerns me is he never deleted the ad after I sent him the money. He seemed nice enough, and, he's an extra class ham. Maybe he is sick or in the hospital? Can't believe someone would do this.
this might help you it has me a couple of times look on qrz.com name search
type in winder ga find another ham in same town call info or look on white pages get phone# and give this ham a call tell him of your concern for kj4? and wonder if he knows if he is ill or something else and why you are asking works for me
73 chuck