Beware of Ed K4DVW

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N0EE

Beware of Ed K4DVW

Post by N0EE »

I recently purchased a Yaesu FTDX101D from Ed at considerable cost. He stated it was in "mint shape" however it has issues, not the least of the fact that the internal speaker doesn't work. Ed claims he didn't know that. Several $K radio and he didn't know that? Yeah right. I called him out on that, he got offended, he's turned his back on me and refuses to do anything about it. I'm facing a potential shipping/repair cost of maybe $500 to get in working condition because of his deceptive description and he's offended? Beware of doing business with Ed K4DVW, he plays dirty pool.
W4PIG

Re: Beware of Ed K4DVW

Post by W4PIG »

check with yaesu it may still be in warrenty they have a 3 years warrnty they can tell by serial number 73
K9XR

Re: Beware of Ed K4DVW

Post by K9XR »

The Yaesu Warranties are not transferable and I have a feeling that it would be impossible for the original owner to send it to Yaesu.