AL4A Dave Garrison Never shipped me my radio

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n4jtp

AL4A Dave Garrison Never shipped me my radio

Post by n4jtp »

AL4A Dave Garrison. I offered a trade to AL4A for a IC251 he agreed to trade. I sent my radio and postal money order and have never received the Icom. Contact me for I have e-mail records with shipping documents. I lost my money and radio.
Last edited by n4jtp on Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wa4cch

al4c

Post by wa4cch »

:?: how about a little more info town where he lives etc. there is no al4c listed on qrz.com :?:
chuck
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

I checked the FCC database and there is no AL4C listed there either. Hate to tell ya man but sounds like you've been taken. Do you still have his address? If so get a hold of the local authorities there ASAP and file a complaint. Hopefully he was dumb enough to stay awhile.

Always verify callsigns given before making a deal.
n4jtp

Re: al4c

Post by n4jtp »

wa4cch wrote::?: how about a little more info town where he lives etc. there is no al4c listed on qrz.com :?:
chuck
TYPO The Fellows Call sign is AL4A So Glad AL4C doesnt exist.
n4jtp

Post by n4jtp »

kb9vxq wrote:I checked the FCC database and there is no AL4C listed there either. Hate to tell ya man but sounds like you've been taken. Do you still have his address? If so get a hold of the local authorities there ASAP and file a complaint. Hopefully he was dumb enough to stay awhile.

Always verify callsigns given before making a deal.
TYPO on Call sign His Call sign is actullaly AL4A ,AL4A
wa4cch

al4a

Post by wa4cch »

:lol: i had a couple of e-mails from him about a year ago seemed like an ok guy if i remember right he ran some kind of photography shop in alaska
don't know how long it has been since he was to ship but if he shipped ups ground it might take a week or so to get it have you checked with the po to see if your money order has been cashed ???? gud luck
chuck
n4jtp

Re: al4a

Post by n4jtp »

wa4cch wrote::lol: i had a couple of e-mails from him about a year ago seemed like an ok guy if i remember right he ran some kind of photography shop in alaska
don't know how long it has been since he was to ship but if he shipped ups ground it might take a week or so to get it have you checked with the po to see if your money order has been cashed ???? gud luck
chuck
His last e mail said that he had shipped the Icom 10.26.05. I have called and the phone is out of service and I sent him a letter and it was sent back unable to deliver. I agree the guy sounded OK , But.
After about 28 years in the hobby I made a bad deal. Thanks 73
wa4cch

al4a

Post by wa4cch »

sorry om but it don't sound too good maby someone who knows him will see these post and get him to answer you
73 chuck

you know you have already lost x amt of dollars why not spend a few bucks more and call the PALMER ALASKA police dept and see if they know this guy you never know they might know where he is

chuck
WA8HGX

AL4A THE SO CALLED DAVE GARRISON

Post by WA8HGX »

He has taken me for $375 for a HP141T which I have never received It was supposedly mailed Oct 17 via USPS I have never received and I have attempted to find him he is no where to be found. Maybe we all should file a major crimial action on him. His last known address that I had was P.O. box 3730 Palmer Ak 99645 he did cash the check but I have received nothing I even had several emails and a couple of phone chats with him. prior to sending the check.

Bruce WA8HGX
kl7fz

UPDATE on AL4A

Post by kl7fz »

AL4A, formerly, KL0RZ and N4TPE, lived here in the local area and was over to my QTH quite often. He did buy a bunch of gear from me including the HP141T mentioned here in this topic. BUT he sold it to another ham here in Anchorage. He also took some pneumatic masts from me that he was going to rebuild in exchange for one but he disappeared with them as well as some manuals he borrowed in Dec.
We knew where he lived. He was moving back into Anchorage into an apartment where he formerly resided but it seems he never did. His wife had some serious medical problems and was from Europe and went back there supposedly for a year for treatments. Dave said he was selling all his gear to send money to her. He just flat drpped off the face of the earth about 60 days ago. A lot of his gear showed up in the local Salvation Army store as he apparently abandoned it and the landlord took it all and donated it to a church and they in turn sent it to the Salvation Army store.
No one here has seen or heard from him. His cell phone/home phone/e-mail are all non-functioning now.
I suspect he is in Europe. I would like to find him also. I am out several hundred dollars.
If I get any additional info, I will inform the group.
He probably does not want to return to the states at this point as he would be facing some serious charges.
Steve KL7FZ