WB4BMQ

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n1bnc

WB4BMQ

Post by n1bnc »

I purchased a NEW 5 element 20m Telrex (really) antenna from Loyd. I went on faith and purchased it and sent funds electronically. We had an understanding that I would arrange shipping and get it North from Alabama to New Hampshire. With covid and the cost of gasoline, shipping offers were now ridiculous. So, almost a year later, I drove down, met Loyd and Mrs Loyd, and for two hours we had a most entertaining time exchanging stories about driving all sorts of places for the next project, whatever it might be. The round trip was 2361 miles driven in 39 hours. I slept two of those hours. He was easy to work with and a wonderful host, and provided documentation and flagging for the aluminum now strapped to my minivan. When I was there, we were friends instantly and now maintain this quite well going forward. Because he has class and hand shake honor in transactions, you can feel comfortable in doing business with him.