W6BBS - Slow or a crook ??????

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wb8kbw

W6BBS - Slow or a crook ??????

Post by wb8kbw »

W6BBS --FRANK REYNOLDS, EITHER AN AFUL SLOW SHIPPER OR A CROOK i SENT HIM 450.00 FOR AN Icom 745 and a AT 100 tuner, on the 23rd of november he sent me an email saying he would ship on Nov 25th
and send me a tracking number.. I have never recieved anything and he won't answer my emails or phone calls..any one haveing dealings with him please contact at mchaux@aol.com or 864 906 7970

Thanks Max
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

Have you tried using the tracking number he sent you to see if it's a good number and if so to see where the package is?
wb8kbw

Post by wb8kbw »

He Never sent a tracking number he told me on the phone that he would but
never did, and he doesn't answer his phone or any emails I have sent.

I am beginning to think I got ripped off....

Max
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

If he's not answering your e-mails here's a trick. Go to one of your buddies house and send him an e-mail from there pretending to be someone else that's interested in that same piece of equipment. Just ask him if it's still available and see if he answers it. If he does you know for sure he's a crook. Especially if he answers that he still has it for sale. If he don't answer that may mean he has had something bad happen that don't allow him to get to his e-mail. i.e. Family illness or death or he may be sick and in the hospital. Good luck.
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

"If he's not answering your e-mails here's a trick. Go to one of your buddies house and send him an e-mail from there pretending to be someone else that's interested in that same piece of equipment. Just ask him if it's still available and see if he answers it. If he does you know for sure he's a crook."

Gosh and if he reads your brilliant trick, then what? That's just as bad as the news agencies reporting that the American military is going to launch a massive offensive somewhere. Nothing like giving clues out!
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

ve3tmt wrote:"If he's not answering your e-mails here's a trick. Go to one of your buddies house and send him an e-mail from there pretending to be someone else that's interested in that same piece of equipment. Just ask him if it's still available and see if he answers it. If he does you know for sure he's a crook."

Gosh and if he reads your brilliant trick, then what? That's just as bad as the news agencies reporting that the American military is going to launch a massive offensive somewhere. Nothing like giving clues out!
You may be right but who says he's reading this thread. You'd sure think if he is unless he don't care at all about his reputation he'd at least get in and say what's up and make up some excuse as to why he hasn't shipped it. Know what I mean Vern??