N9PL Paul is a great seller!!! Thanks Paul!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KG2RG

N9PL Paul is a great seller!!! Thanks Paul!!

Post by KG2RG »

I was looking for a Yaesu FT901DM, I use to have 1 and it was my first HF rig back when I became a tech plus and eventually in advance class license back in the 90s when I was in my 20s.

I posted an add on here and Paul, N9PL Contacted me with a very nice disposition and made a brief email stating that if I liked the 901, I would love the 902. He was currently working on it and he’s a great technician with years of experience and also a big fox tango enthusiast.

Anyway, I decided to work out a deal with Paul. He gave me so much information and everything he told me was accurate. He sent me wonderful close-up pictures from every angle and we spoke on the phone for over one hour.

Paul also was able to check into a net that I and part of. Unfortunately The band was way down as a result of a solar flare. Paul was unable to hear me but I have a zero noise level on 40 m, my antenna is very quiet. I was able to copy Paul. He was on the FT-902DM and I could hear that beautiful audio booming in with just a S 4 signal.
Several of my buddies from the Net returned 59 reports with outstanding audio.

I sent Paul a money order and he informed me as soon as he received it and told me he would ship out the package the very next day. Later that night he also sent me pictures of the Radio packaged up, so much bubble wrap and other precautions from his experience of shipping these rigs.

The radio arrived and was packed better than I’ve ever seen anything packed in my life. When I opened up the package, the radio was in immaculate condition cosmetically, I have been using the radio and it really runs well. Paul even help me out with a question on another piece of equipment I have and I consider Paul my friend today.

Thank you Paul for a wonderful radio, you really made my dreams come true of taking me back to those early days when I was new to ham radio and sat in front of that breath taken FT 901 DM. Banging away late at night on my US Army J-38 in front of this beautiful and excellent working FT902DM really takes me away to a special place.

Here is a link to a video of my unpacking and operating the rig.

KG2RG

https://youtu.be/N2-Uw7sZIJA