BEWARE of N9EMC JOE Herreweyer He is back for more victims

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
gvesnaver

BEWARE of N9EMC JOE Herreweyer He is back for more victims

Post by gvesnaver »

Well he is back!!! Beware Joe Herreweyer scammed me on a Heatkit SA2060A. He sold me a unit with bad RF switch and promised to pay $50 to replace the switch. He never sent the money! They said he would disappear for a while and then return to hit one more unsuspecting victims! WELL HE IS BACK.

BEWARE of N9EMC JOE Herreweyer

RADIOHF - Yaesu FT 100 For Sale
Yaesu FT100 for Sale.
In excellent condition with
seperation kit and original box.
Price is $550.00 shipped
Listing #499822 - Submitted on 11/14/05 by Callsign NONE
Click Here to Email

73's

George
VE2EWQ
George J. Vesnaver
K3DD

Another victim of Joe Herreweyer, N9EMC

Post by K3DD »

Add me to the list of Joe Herreweyer victims. I sent him a USPS money order for $152 on October 24th for two 432 antennas. USPS confirms the money order was cashed. No antennas received. No communication since November 2nd.

QTH.com ad:
Listing Number: 495866
Date Ad was Placed: 10/22/05
Name: Joe Herreweyers
Phone Number: 815 337 7004

Joe B Herreweyers - N9EMC
812 Concord Drive
Bull Valley, IL 60098

Email Address: sbc@mc.net

Beware of this fella!

73, Dale Dermott - K3DD (ex-W0QPS)
K5LDB

Post by K5LDB »

Wouldn't cashing a USPS money order without delivering the product be mail fraud? Wouldn't the Postal Inspector go after the guy? I don't know for sure but always thought that's how it worked.
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
K3DD

Post by K3DD »

The USPS won't go after $152 ... only a long list and thousands of dollars worth of mail fraud by an individual. At times, it seems that mail fraud from QTH.com dealings would keep an inspector busy 24/7! I'm sure that Joe Herreweyers knows that. PayPal might freeze his account and a credit card company would probably refund the charge, but it seems that the USPS won't get involved unless you're dealing with a bonafide mobster :-)

Regardless, all this doesn't mean the end of the story.