WB3HYB Bob Donchez: 5 star seller

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wx3b

WB3HYB Bob Donchez: 5 star seller

Post by wx3b »

Every once in awhile, you meet a seller that wildly exceeds your expectations. Bob WB3HYB is one of them.

Bob's hobby within our hobby is to buy new radios and test the heck out of them, so he can actually compare and contrast them,
in my case, with other high-end radios, describing their strengths and weaknesses. He will even tell you about the perceived weaknesses
of the radio you are thinking about buying.

Bob was patient, kind and answered all my many questions about his radio for sale. He took dozens of high resolution photos, and illustrated the radio's power output per band on an accurate wattmeter, without me even asking for such proof.

Bob also meticulously described the cosmetic condition of the radio identifying the smallest of cosmetic imperfections - even things other sellers wouldn't even consider mentioning because they simply aren't as detail oriented as Bob is.

Bob has a warm bedside manner and is quite matter of fact in his dialogue - I truly appreciated his style. He also offered to stand behind the radio (a warranty) - something UNHEARD of today for most private party sales when the parties do not know each other.

I got more than what I expected. The radio he sold was truly in new condition right down to the packing materials in the original OEM boxes.

My hat is off to Bob and I highly recommend him as a valued seller.

Jim Nitzberg WX3B