Collins 32s-3 VFO Problems

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ka4lbi

Collins 32s-3 VFO Problems

Post by ka4lbi »

Hello all, this my first go-round with this forum so bear with me.... I am attempting a repair on a 32s-3 transmitter and moving trough the block diagram and the schematic, I got to the first mixer V4a and at pin 2 and pin 7 of the 12at7 in transmit mode, all I have is 455 khz. and no VFO input resulting in no 3.155 to 2.995 Mhz out put to T1. I tried to trace the output of the VFO V301 but the tube socket pins are not available for testing. the multiconductor cable that come from the 70K-2 assembly has coaxial line that goes to the device behind the Frequency Control Selector Switch. when I select the Transmitter VFO selection where is the best place to measure the output of the VFO? Respectfully, Brooks Barnes KA4LBI