Buyer Beware K8NU

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
usaham

Buyer Beware K8NU

Post by usaham »

I bought a Palstar AT2KD antenna tuner from K8NU not only did we contact VIA Email but also on the Phone . Mr Carl Yaffey
K8BU said he will sell me the tuner with manual and Walwart. He asked if he could take some time to Locate and Ship the AT
To me i said Yes Take your time . On 9 September 2021 I paid him using paypal . On 11 September 2021 at 11:58 AM he put the
item in his Local UPS STORE ( A NON Corporate store ) The store Closed at 2PM that day and my package sat in Ohio at
UPS STORE 3435 Bethel Rd Columbus Ohio til Monday evening before a UPS Corp truck picked up the box.
This store did not answer Phone calls Emails or Faxes . Today is 15 September 2021 the box arrived at my QTH.
NO WALWART ... i EMAILED K8NU and told him and this is his Reply
READ THE PASTED EMAILS . YOU BE THE JUDGE WOULD YOU BUY FROM HIM ???
I included the Walwart. Apparently the UPS guy lost it. Sorry you are so unhappy. In the future if you see something for sale by me it would be best to ignore it.

Carl Yaffey K8NU
P.S. The wall wart was wrapped in bubble wrap. Make sure it’s not stuck in the packing.

Carl Yaffey K8NU

Hey. Don’t call me a Liar! I gave the wall wart to the UPS guy.
And, YOU sir are a BAD HAM RADIO BUYER. You are now in my trash file. Don’t bother send me any more email.

Carl Yaffey K8N

buyer beware of this seller ( I CALLED RADIO STORES AND PALSTAR I BOUT A WALWART ...

and he has the Nerve to say i should not buy from him LOL why would i buy from him he is not a good RADIO AMATEUR

he in my book has no shame