W2HP

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w4kdn

W2HP

Post by w4kdn »

Just received my repaired CD45 rotor from W2HP, "Pete". Pete's reputation in the ham community is impeccable as evidenced by numerous glowing reviews.

Allow me to add one more.

I shipped the rotor to Pete on Aug 17th and he received it on Aug 20th at about 1:30PM. Aug 20th 5:54 pm, Pete emailed he had started repair on the rotor and found a burned out motor. All throughout the repair process, Pete kept me apprised of what he found and the progress he was making.

This rotor was a bit of a "problem child" in that it had a very unusual issue that Pete had not encountered previously. However, Pete's tenacity located the problem and repaired it to 100%. Pete tested it repeatedly until he was satisfied all issues had been fixed.

On Monday, Aug 23, Pete sent me the repair costs which I paid immediately. I then received notification he had printed a shipping label and the rotor was in the shipping process to my house. On Aug 26, the repaired rotor arrived and I tested it and as expected the rotor worked perfectly.

In addition to repairing the motor and gear assembly, Pete cleaned and lubricated the bearings and even painted the rotor. I am confident for all practical purposes, my rotor is equal too or better than brand new.

I found Pete to be thorough with his work and determined to make certain my rotor was 100% before he shipped it back.

I have shared my experience with friends who had rotor systems and highly recommend Pete to service any of your rotor issues.

Andy W4KDN
k1mwh

Re: W2HP

Post by k1mwh »

Pete went above and beyond on an old CDE Ham rotor and controller that I recently sent for rebuild. There was water damage and many other problems with rotor and controller. He got right back with me and sent pictures of what was wrong. He promptly repaired everything below the cost that he quoted. There was a problem with my control box and he sent me another controller at no extra cost. I received the rotor and controller back today. It looks new with all new hardware. I tested and works great. Will soon be mounting on tower.

Thanks Pete
K1MWH