SCAM beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
BARRYFL

SCAM beware

Post by BARRYFL »

KG5YVL SCAMER David D Satterwhite Vinita, OK

Search this topic…
1 post • Page 1 of 1
BARRYFL
KG5YVL SCAMER David D Satterwhite Vinita, OK
Post by BARRYFL » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:59 pm

KG5YVL David D Satterwhite
32153 S 4420rd
Vinita, OK 74301
ON 18 JULY 21 made an agreement to Sell me a Radio and Ship it to me from Oklahoma to Florida . I sent him as agreed on Email
$200 Two Hundred Dollars on Paypal. which i have the Recipt . I also have all the Emails saved and will Copy Paste some
here. Today is 21 JULY 21 and its now 1300 hours in Florida.

I have not got any TRACKING
I have not got a REFUND
i have not got email

its plain its unmistakenly clear thatKG5YVL David D Satterwhite of Vinta OK is a SCAMMER
read the Emails
Re: david
Yahoo/Archive

David D Satterwhite <dsatterwhitekg5yvl@gmail.com>
To:wildcard
Sun, Jul 18 at 7:42 AM
Alright
But keep to your word!!
send it friends and family to the PayPal address below

Tamiareaj@gmail.com

Send me a screenshot after payment

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 8:30 AM wildcard <wildcardsworld@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi its very dark out now you may be sleeping .. When you wake
up you will read this ... You said you only do Friends and Family

I asked for an Invoice as you know . Let me ask you this !!!

Are you willing to take Friends & Family of $200 and ship
the Stoner with Tracking & Insured and when it gets here
ill plug it in . It works i will then Friends and Family the
Balance ?

Barry
PAYPAL 18 JULY 21
You sent $200.00 USD to Daone Satterwhite
the name and Email david used

Re: Hi David
Yahoo/Archive

Mon, Jul 19 at 5:32 PM
No, I didn't.That will be tomorrow as I’m very disappointed with my doctors appointment today 😓😓

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:23 PM wildcard <wildcardsworld@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi did you box the radio ? When will ya get to the Shipper ? Please
let me know the Tracking info
thanks Barry KD0USA

Re: David
Yahoo/Archive

Tue, Jul 20 at 3:54 PM
Sorry about that will get back to you with tracking number before the
end of today

IT NEVER CAME YES I DID TAKE A HAMS WORD FOR HIS HONESTY I GOT RIPPED OFF FOR $200
I HOPE NO ONE ELSE BUY S FROM DAVID
AND OR WATCH FOR ANY OTHER HAMS LICENSED AT HIS HOUSE IN OKLAHOMA
ITS POSTED ON HE QRZ.COM PAGE

this is posted by KD0USA BARRY I AM GOOD ON QRZ.COM
THANKS FOR READING THIS
w7ry

Re: SCAM beware

Post by w7ry »

I'm sorry for your issue Barry.

You problem Barry is that you trusted a scammer that used KG5VYL's callsign. It happens all the time.

KG5CYL does not have his email listed on QRZ.com. That is your first clue. The scammer saw this and took his identity because of this. Also, YOU did not ask for a telephone number.

You did not deal with KG5CYL. You sent money by PayPal friends and family, which is just as as bad as handing someone you don't know on the street two one hundred dollar bills.

KG5CYL does not even know all this happened.

Next time Barry, please protect yourself.
Ask for a phone number
Ask for a picture of the device with the sellers callsign in the picture
Send money only by standard PayPal. If the seller askes for an additional 3.5%, then add it. It would have been an extra 7.00. Cheap insurance.

Best of luck to you on your next purchase Barry

Jim W7RY
NS6V

Re: SCAM beware

Post by NS6V »

OK, we have either identified a scammer (not really David Satterwhite) or a dishonest ham. I am leaning towards a scammer. I, too, had the misfortune of running across this individual. While looking for a SP101 (clearly identified as the new version for the newer Yaesu FTdx101D, I was approached by this person (same as the other complaint). Never received tracking, daily delays in shipping and providing tracking. Finally got a picture and it was the OLD SP101 so I told the person just to refund my payment. Again, more excuses and no refund. Last word was that the refund was sent but that it would take 24 hours (not true). So...I sent him an invoice to pay as that would be the easiest...of course that was ignored. I then received a rather cryptic email saying that I was making someone's PayPal account negative with my refund request. Either a product of todays school system or a foreigner writing the email. In any case when "purchasing" the speaker, they insisted on Friends and Family (sometimes a red flag) to which I replied that I would simply add the additional funds to cover the fees, which I did. Thank goodness. Bottom line...a dispute has been opened, copies of all emails sent to PayPal and now I wait while PayPal does it's thing. The recipient of the payment was "Heather Frick", identified by the "seller" as his/her business partner. Stay far away from this con artist. The suspect email is as previously posted I have been unable to contact the real David Satterwhite as he has no email address on his QRZ page. :x