N5ID 50/50

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K9RLB

N5ID 50/50

Post by K9RLB » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:37 pm

I bought an item from N5ID, his terms were USPS MO so that's what I used. All was fine. While communicating thru the travel period he mentioned a 2nd item, which I agreed to purchase. Again, USPS MO was used. This time, USPS had an issue - not my fault, or his, these things happen. After it hadn't came after 10 days I told him I would go to post office to get it fixed - he said he changed his mind, and had already taken item apart to do repairs. I think if you commit to sell, you keep your word, right? We all know USPS can have issues, but if that is the sellers preferred (and only option) they should know things sometimes don't go smoothly and fast with the mail service.
I guess if you don't understand USPS can be slow, and really mess things up, you should either be patient, or pick one of the many instant transfer methods out there. You shouldn't just start taking things apart you committed to sell. I understand as a seller USPS messing up could be frustrating, its frustrating for the buyer too, but its not the fault of the buyer or seller.
Good luck with your repairs N5ID. In the future, really ask yourself if you want to sell something before making a deal then backing out, and consider other payment sources if you aren't patient and understand USPS does have issues sometimes.

N5ID

Re: N5ID 50/50

Post by N5ID » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:31 pm

What my friend failed to tell you is that it took 3 weeks for his money order to arrive, the USPS system always stated they were awaiting to receive the money order. For all I knew it was never sent, or it was lost. So, yes I decided to keep the power supply. He also failed to tell you that when his money order arrived I cashed it, then purchased another money order and refunded his money. I guess I am just a bad guy!!!!!

K9RLB

Post by K9RLB » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:07 pm

So you received payment – you seen the postmark – so you know I had been 100% honest.
You, instead, did not communicate any intentions with me, you changed your mind and took
It apart with even a hint to me. You were dishonest, or at the least shady. I do not appreciate that.
My post is 100% honest. I made a deal and was making sure to stand behind what I said. That’s what honest people do, they
do what they say and sat what they mean.

K9RLB

Post by K9RLB » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:10 pm

I paid $3.50 postage, and $6.25 for a lost M/O inquiry. HE CASHED IT - so now I am out $75 PLUS $9.75

K9RLB

Post by K9RLB » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:18 pm

If you make a deal - then back out, you don't cash the money order payment - that is theft - you can't keep the item and the payment too. I have NOT received ANY refund.

K9RLB

Post by K9RLB » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:27 pm

N5ID wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:31 pm
What my friend failed to tell you is that it took 3 weeks for his money order to arrive, the USPS system always stated they were awaiting to receive the money order. For all I knew it was never sent, or it was lost. So, yes I decided to keep the power supply. He also failed to tell you that when his money order arrived I cashed it, then purchased another money order and refunded his money. I guess I am just a bad guy!!!!!
<---- DISHONEST, and I updated him throughout the process with emails, he knew what was going on.

TOODAY 6-29 was the 1st communication I received from N5ID, seems he forgot to tell you he has NOT communicated anything about any of this until a post on the forum. So yes, I did not mention his claim about receiving a refund, because I have NO REFUND. Step up to being HONEST there N5ID. Don't bend the story around, just be honest, can you do that? Seems hard for you. I hope you're more honest in your work than you have been been with me and the people who may read this forum. What's that tracking number for the refund?? What about the additional $9.75 I am out because of this mess, are you going to make things right? So far, zero - so..... you have payment and kept item.....

K9RLB

Post by K9RLB » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:50 pm

Via Email N5ID suggested I post this from his message to qth "... by the way... You are a jerk .. and your welcome to post that on qth" - Interesting how I'm a jerk, I made a deal, stood 100% good on my end, N5ID pulled out, took payment anyway - and that makes me the "jerk" -

K9RLB

Post by K9RLB » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:14 am

Image In case there is any doubt as to when the M/O was purchased....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

K9RLB

Post by K9RLB » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:15 am

Still no refund - N5ID could not provide any tracking ## for it when asked.

K9RLB

Post by K9RLB » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:59 am

Refunded (plus) (+) N5ID has went above, well above and beyond resolving all.... just shows there are still some decent people left in the world.