Has QTH gone the way of EBay?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n5esr

Has QTH gone the way of EBay?

Post by n5esr »

I was never aware that QTH had become a bidding site. I am referring to the following ad:

BEST OFFER. The tube is from an estate and has been in storage
since the mid 1990's. The widow, also a ham, says it was taken out of a working amp and it put out 1.5 KW+ at the time. The date code is 8806. I'm looking for the BEST OFFER including shipping through 5/21.

I received a response who told me he would let me know after 5/21.

If things have changed, please let me know and I will know what to expect in the future.
K9KEV1

Re: Has QTH gone the way of EBay?

Post by K9KEV1 »

I don't think Qth.com has gone the way of Ebay.
That's just the way that individual is selling his item.
Hams have all kinds of ways of wording and selling their items.
Hope Qth.com doesn't change...I'd like it to stay just as is.
It's an awesome Ham Classifieds site .
De
Kevin MaHomes K9KEV