K9plk scammed me

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kf4lqi

K9plk scammed me

Post by kf4lqi »

I had placed an ad in qTh.com for aa antennas tuner. K9PLK answered the ad and a price was agreed upon. he asked me to send it c.o.d. which I did to the tune of $35 to ship that way.He never picked up the package even after fed ex tried 3 times to deliver it and I gave him 3 extra days to pick it up.He has ignored every subsequent email regarding thismatter. I will just say that if anyone deals with him, be sure to get your money up front.
K9PLK

KF4LQI

Post by K9PLK »

KF4LQI IS A LIAR AND TRIED TO SELL SOME JUNK! STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY HE IS TROUBLE

K9PLK
N2PET

Post by N2PET »

Just Curious.... How would you know it was "junk" if you never saw the package or even accepted it? Xray vision maybe?
kf4lqi

Post by kf4lqi »

Hi, I know this might be a bit late, but i was reading qth today and ran across an old post that I made in 2005.It was regarding a ham that I had cod'd a antenna tuner to and fed ex tried to deliver 3 times. That particular ham replied that I was liar and tried to sell him some junk. My name is Tony Brown, call sign kf4lqi. I’m posting another reply to explain further. What ended up happening is when fed ex returned the package to me the tuner was destroyed. It was the most meticulously built home brew project that I have ever seen, built by a retired electronic engineerand made to handle much more than legal limit. At this time I would like to apologize to k9plk in saying he scammed me, as it was the fault of fed ex. What I must say is that if the package was junk, and he knew it why didn’t he just say that in an email to me instead of ignoring me. All I knew at the time is that fed ex said they tried to deliver it 3 times and even kept it extra time to do so. I was absolutley shocked when I did finally get the tuner back and it was a bunch of rattling junk. Anyhow, I would like to say that I’m not a liar as K9PLK stated as I can document all of this and am considering legal options on this false statement. I would also like to save my reputation on qth and refer anyone to my ebay acct under the name ynotnworb(my name spelled backwards) my rating there is well over 130 transactions with absolutely 100% positive feedback. Sorry to have taken up your time with my ramblings. 73's Tony kf4lqi ps: fed ex ended up paying for the tuner, as they were the ones who destroyed it . Anybody need some 5 kv tuning caps?
n5JJR

Post by n5JJR »

I hope the other HAM who sent him a check has a better experience than me. It would also be helpful for this HAM to post his/her experience when the transceiver arrives. :(
K4ICL

What experience was that?

Post by K4ICL »

hope the other HAM who sent him a check has a better experience than me. It would also be helpful for this HAM to post his/her experience when the transceiver arrives
What experience did you have with him?

K4ICL