WA6AJX Scammed me

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KC2MRU

WA6AJX Scammed me

Post by KC2MRU »

I really hate to do this kind of thing , but for those that buy from forums we really need to know who we can and can't trust to buy from .

I was scammed back in May by a Ham Operator that lives in Long Beach California for $149.00....that one was through an ebay auction....I was selling an Icom IC-211All-Mode with it's original manual and a IC-SM2 Gooseneck desktop Mic . He bought the items and paid for them through PayPal .... After I sent them out to him he contacted PayPal and said that they weren't sent (which he knew they were) and got all but $25.00 out of $174.00 back from PayPal....He received the Radio and refused to either pay the money back or send the Radio back . PayPal will only remove the funds from the Seller to the Buyer....they won't repay the buyer so he got that Radio for $25.00....Great Deal !! Don't deal with PayPal or this guy , he uses PayPals crooked system to his advantage .

Beware of :

WA6AJX / ejw001 on ebay
Elliott J. Winston
731 1/2 Broadway Ave. D
Long Beach , CA. 90802
W4AJF

Tracking number

Post by W4AJF »

Hi, question for you: Didn't you have a tracking number so you could get a signature and show Paypal he received the item you said you sent? Seems like that should be an easy one to resolve, no? Adam Farber W4AJF
KC2MRU

Post by KC2MRU »

Yes , and I sent them the tracking number and PayPal still refused to place the money back into my account saying "They can only remove the money from the Sellers account to give back to the Buyer ... they can not remove from the Buyers account to give back to the Seller." After contacting Mr. Winston he refused to either send back the Radio or Repay the money , so I'm out $149.00 . :(
wa4cch

Post by wa4cch »

KC2MRU wrote:Yes , and I sent them the tracking number and PayPal still refused to place the money back into my account saying "They can only remove the money from the Sellers account to give back to the Buyer ... they can not remove from the Buyers account to give back to the Seller." After contacting Mr. Winston he refused to either send back the Radio or Repay the money , so I'm out $149.00 . :(
:evil: ONE MORE REASON I DON'T USE PAY-PAL

CHUCK
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

I like to convenience of Paypal. One click and I can instantly transfer money from my bank account to the seller. The issue here isn't Paypal, it's the deadbeats who do this kind of thing for their own gain. Kind of sounds like the government doesn't it!
K6CVC

Something Fishy Here

Post by K6CVC »

The only way PayPal would have ruled against you is if you did not respond to their inquiry within 10 days. If you could prove to them that you shipped the item, provided a tracking number and proof of delivery within that 10 day period, they would have never ruled against you.
Chuck Costa
K6CVC
Licensed Since 1968 Formerly WN6IVC & WA6EZM
W4AJF

Paypal

Post by W4AJF »

Chuck is correct....Adam
KC2MRU

Re: Something Fishy Here

Post by KC2MRU »

K6CVC wrote:The only way PayPal would have ruled against you is if you did not respond to their inquiry within 10 days. If you could prove to them that you shipped the item, provided a tracking number and proof of delivery within that 10 day period, they would have never ruled against you.
Actually ... PayPal was contacted in the right amount of time with the Tracking number showing not only that it was shipped to Elliott J. Winston , but that it was also receieved by him as well . Both myself and my Wife have been arguing with Paypal over this transaction since May now and the only thing they can say is "We Can Only Remove The Funds From The Account Of The Seller To Give Back To The Buyer , We Can Not Take The Funds From The Buyer To Give To The Seller." Needless to say , in my ebay auctions "PayPal" is NOT accepted due to thier LACK of support towards the Seller ! Maybe things worked out good for you guys ... But I did everything by the book and had no luck at all with Paypal . It seems I'm not the only person that's had problems with them either . You might want to check this link out and see how many others are having trouble with them as well ... http://www.paypalsucks.com/
WA5JAV

PayPal

Post by WA5JAV »

PayPal is not my friend.

http://paypalsucks.com/
Thomas (WT-101)

Post by Thomas (WT-101) »

wa4cch wrote:
KC2MRU wrote:Yes , and I sent them the tracking number and PayPal still refused to place the money back into my account saying "They can only remove the money from the Sellers account to give back to the Buyer ... they can not remove from the Buyers account to give back to the Seller." After contacting Mr. Winston he refused to either send back the Radio or Repay the money , so I'm out $149.00 . :(
:evil: ONE MORE REASON I DON'T USE PAY-PAL

CHUCK
As I read further down this thread... I keep seeing more than one reason why I always use Bank of America money orders for purchases through QTH or eBay. Yes... Paypal maybe a good system 'basically', but there are flaws that appear. When Paypal doesnt back thir customers 100% (not 50/50 like below), I see good reason NOT to use this medium for payment. I started a thread on this awhile back with more than one variance on this issue. I always ask if the seller accepts these money orders, and usually remember to let the seller know I can stand the wait of a few days for shipment , to allow clearance through THIER financial institution.
If this is NOT acceptable to the seller, I take my business elsewhere.

73s,

Thomas (in Washington state)