Radioworks Portsmouth, VA

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
livecam

Radioworks Portsmouth, VA

Post by livecam »

I've ordered from this company twice. The first time was about 6 years ago, I remember the order taking forever to get here. The last time was in mid September of this year. After placing a rather large order and waiting several weeks for delivery I emailed the company about my order status but...no reply. Then I managed to make phone contact with them..the gentleman who answered said "I'll call you right back", but no callback. Other email inquiries went unanswered. Its been six or seven weeks since my order was taken and paid for but no products, no replies, no nothing from Radioworks. I'm wondering now if this business is more fluff than reality. Have any others had questionable experiences with Radioworks?
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

My experience was just like yours. I was ordering coax, which I later found to be way overpriced. They acted like they could care less. I cancelled my order too. This happened a year ago.
Steve Frobase

Post by Steve Frobase »

I just got off the phone with Radio works and ordered a current balun for my 40 meter beam.The lady said it was in stock and would be shipped right out.She was very pleasant.I guess we will see.She did say that people that didnt get orders right away were sent out of stock notices.
Steve
Steve Frobase
Wb4ukl
941-716-2433
diste@sunline.net
Steve Frobase

Post by Steve Frobase »

Update:
I just received the current balun from Radioworks today,only 3 days after ordering it. The balun was neatly packed and came with a full product line catalog and a product manual ,explaining all of the baluns they make and the specs and uses for all. I am very happy with the service I got.
Steve Frobase
Wb4ukl
941-716-2433
diste@sunline.net
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

I have had good results ordering from them twice now. Delivery was fast and the people were friendly.
livecam

To Steve Frobase

Post by livecam »

I originally spoke with a lady also and found her to be very pleasant. I never received an out of stock notice, emails and phone calls went unanswered. After a couple of months of waiting for this to shake itself out I bought the same items from another seller. They arrived a week later. I'm happy and know who to buy antenna and cable items from now.

K6TLA
k8vf

Radioworks

Post by k8vf »

I have ordered from Radioworks at LEAST five times.

In each case I received items quickly, well packed, and in good shape.

In ADDITION, Jim Thompson has answered emails from me on several occasions when I had technical questions about the antennas or ways I wanted to modify them.
My emails did not result in any extra income for Radioworks, but were of a nature which allowed me to NOT buy another antenna.

A great group of folks, and good solid products which have held up well for me for years!

I'll buy again FOR SURE!

(no, I have not met them, dont know them, am not related)

K8VF
Mark Kenward