MOSLEY PRO57B??? ANTENNA FROM WY4Y

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W8PP

MOSLEY PRO57B??? ANTENNA FROM WY4Y

Post by W8PP »

:cry: I bought an antenna from WY4Y(Kenneth) in March, 2020. He advertised it on QTH.com as a Mosley Pro57B in good condition. Because of health issues and the fact that I trusted him, I didn't open the box until Dec, 2020. It turns out it was a very very old Pro57A in fair condition with 4 broken coil molds in the traps. I paid $900($200 was shipping cost) for it shipped to me. I sent him an email asking for a partial refund of $350, since he lied about the antenna model. He did say that the antenna was working despite the broken traps and that because I had waited so long to inform him that he wouldn't comply with the refund request. I responded saying that despite the long wait it didn't change the fact that he misrepresented what he had. I think what he did was reprehensible. I guess some people have no conscience about doing stuff like this. If you ever deal with this guy, make sure you have everything you expect specifically in writng. His paypal invoice just said Pro57 on it, leaving out the version model. Tnx 73..Phil W8PP