N9EMC Joe Herreweyers !! Beware he sells bad equipment SCAM!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
gvesnaver

N9EMC Joe Herreweyers !! Beware he sells bad equipment SCAM!

Post by gvesnaver »

Watch this guy! :shock: He sold me a defective SA-2060A and claimed it was working perfectly. He offered to pay for a blown switch but never saw the payment!! See my previous postings.

These are his recent ads....BUYER BEWARE !!! Interesting that he changed his phone number (old) 847 774 8959 (new) 815 337 7004 and that after atleast a dozen calls to collect the funds that he promised he is not returning my calls. I hope YOU don't have the same experience.

I am posting this as a community service to all the honest ham operators on this site!

73's,
George
VE2EWQ
----------------------------------

RADIOHF - Yaesu FT100 Mobile for sale
Yaesu FT100 mobile for sale. Has factory mods from Yaesu.
With seperation kit, microphone, mounting bracket manual
and original box. Radio is in excellant condition.
Price is $575.00 shipped
Listing #495988 - Submitted on 10/23/05 by Callsign NONE
Click Here to Email

RADIOVHF - 2 meter & 222 MHZ Transverters for Sale
DEM 222 MHZ transverter for sale. Works very well.
Price is $300.00 shipped.
Elecraft 2 Meter transverter for sale. One year old with
the optional crystal oven for JT65. Works very well.
Price is $310.00 shipped.
Listing #495867 - Submitted on 10/22/05 by Callsign NONE
Click Here to Email

ANTVHF - K1FO 432 Antennas for Sa;e
I have two K1FO 25 element 432 antennas for sale.
These antennas are on a 15 foot boom and in very good condition.
Asking $140 for the pair.
Listing #495866 - Submitted on 10/22/05 by Callsign NONE
Click Here to Email

RADIOVHF - Icom 821 For Sale
Icom 821 Dual Band all mode radio for sale.
In good condition works very well.
Price including shipping is $490.00
Joe 847 774 8959
Listing #493665 - Submitted on 10/09/05 by Callsign NONE
Click Here to Email

RADIOVHF - Elecraft Two Meter Transverter
For sale one Elecraft 2 meter transverter.
28 to 30 Mhz to 144 to 146 MHZ. This unit includes the optional crystal oven and is setup for seperate feedlines. Price is $325 including shipping.
Also have one Kenwood TS850s with all optional filters. This unit was setup for driving the transverter with the ALC modifaction. The Final PA setion and auto tuner are not present. The radio use to house a DEM transverter inside of it. Price is $350.00
Contact Joe 847 774 8959

Listing #491417 - Submitted on 09/24/05 by Callsign NONE
Click Here to Email
George J. Vesnaver
wa4cch

possible call

Post by wa4cch »

looking on qrz name search under joe herreweyers the call sign N9EMC
comes up maby this will help as in the ads he states no call sign

chuck
gvesnaver

Re: possible call >>>> Yes N9EMC Joe Herrewey

Post by gvesnaver »

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the response. It's uncredible that Joe Herreweyers is allowed to continue selling on this site. He reads and reviews these threads and I'm sure he just laughs at all the honest hams who would not dare risk their reputation over selling defective equipment. You are correct N9EMC is his call but he tends to provide very little information unless you reply to his ad.

I have tried to get through to him, and I know he has heard my voicemails and read my emails but he just ignores my request to refund the cost of the switch replacement on my SA-2060A. He claimed he did not know that the equipement was defective because he does not use a long wire antenna which is the switch position that we zapped. He can claim innocence but testing the functioning of the switch is trivial even for the super novice ham. Given the amount of equipment he sells on this site it is clear he is just playing dumb. I just hope that other hams don;t make the mistake I did and buy his defective gear.

I will continue to publish this stroy on this site until Joe understands that what he did was plain WRONG! He should never tell anyone the cheque is in the mail and not follow through. It is an admission of guilt!! He should pay up what he owes as he promised in his email.

Chuck, thanks for publishing his call sign N9EMC, I know it will prevent other hams from getting caught.

73's
George
VE2EWQ
wa4cch wrote:looking on qrz name search under joe herreweyers the call sign N9EMC
comes up maby this will help as in the ads he states no call sign

chuck
George J. Vesnaver
KE3GK

Post by KE3GK »

gvesnaver wrote: I know it will prevent other hams from getting caught.
I really doubt it ... N9EMC has a nice history of ripping people off ... He got NT9E in Feb 2003 and he ripped W1OU in March of 2003 ... (I know because I maintain a personal database of ripoffs) ...

Until he gets kicked off Ebay, QTH, QRZ, or Eham he will continue, then once he gets kicked off, he will lay low for a while - then strike again. We have short memories ... (I don't though).
gvesnaver

Post by gvesnaver »

I wish I had known you prior to dealing with this scammer!!! I can't believe this guy is allowed to continue to deteriorate the quality of QTH.com.

George
VE2EWQ
KE3GK wrote:
gvesnaver wrote: I know it will prevent other hams from getting caught.
I really doubt it ... N9EMC has a nice history of ripping people off ... He got NT9E in Feb 2003 and he ripped W1OU in March of 2003 ... (I know because I maintain a personal database of ripoffs) ...

Until he gets kicked off Ebay, QTH, QRZ, or Eham he will continue, then once he gets kicked off, he will lay low for a while - then strike again. We have short memories ... (I don't though).
George J. Vesnaver
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

"I wish I had known you prior to dealing with this scammer!!! I can't believe this guy is allowed to continue to deteriorate the quality of QTH.com."

George
VE2EWQ

George,

Why would you buy from someone in the first place who doesn't list a call sign???

That should be enough right there.