W2PH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ND1X

W2PH

Post by ND1X »

I sent my 39 year old TX2 to Peter and wondered if it could even be repaired. Peter received it in 2 days and I was called the day he received it! He let me know a few things about the TX2 that I never knew. I didn't know it could carry 1000 pounds. He also said let the mast sit on the rotator and do not use the thrust bearing to bear the weight. I think we believe that the thrust bearing should bear the weight! Next day, he sent me an email and had already had it completely apart, there was a few gears that needed to be replaced, the grease was causing the brake rotor not to release as it should which in turn broke a number of teeth on the gears. Heard from him the next day and he told me what was needed to repair it. Next day, he sent me an email and said it was in primer and all back together. He gave it a final coat of black. I paid him, it was really reasonable for what he had to do. I receive the rotor back in 1 week. I could not have asked for a better experience. Peter is the man. The TX2 looks better than the day I bought it 39 years ago. I highly recommend Peter to repair your rotor. The experience was above and beyond approach. Thank you Peter for your patience and your expertise.
John
ND1X