WI9HF Chad Nelson is a Scammer! Look Out!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K6CVC

WI9HF Chad Nelson is a Scammer! Look Out!

Post by K6CVC »

Chad listed a Kenwood TS-570SG for sale on 9/29. We agreed on the price and sent him a PayPal Payment of $710. Well guess what? Here it is 10/17 and no radio. He claims he shipped it insured via USPS Priority Mail.

He can't give me a tracking number or insurance claim number becuase he "forgot to get it". I had PayPal investigate and they ruled aginst him becuase he did not respond to the claim after 10 days.

Needless to say he has not responded to my emails either.

Next stop, the cops.
Chuck Costa
K6CVC
Licensed Since 1968 Formerly WN6IVC & WA6EZM
WA4EHD/Melodie Waters

wi9hf--Chad M. Nelson

Post by WA4EHD/Melodie Waters »

I have also had the same thing happen when I purchased an Alinco DR110 from Chad Nelson--WI9HF. I have emailed this guy on several occassions with no response...I also reported him to Paypal...but have not had any response from them...Did Paypal refund your payment? I paid him $100 for the radio. I am also going to report him on this site too...because he has 6 other ads on here....

Melodie Waters
WA4EHD/Hickory, NC
828-874-6924
WA4EHD/Melodie Waters

Hi again

In case you don't have this...I have managed to get a phone number for Chad Nelson wich is 608-756-9220...but the address is not the one he has on the site...Melodie Waters
wa4cch

scammer

Post by wa4cch »

:shock: well his ad for the 570 is still running wonder how many he has sold it to :shock: maby scott needs to contact him and or remove his ads till the problems are sloved

chuck
K6CVC

But Wait there is More!

Post by K6CVC »

I have received messages from two other people who have been sold the same radio and experienced the same fate. From what I understand, the police have already paid Mr. Nelson one visit as a result.

Any of you who have lost money to this creep should contact the Jainesville Wisconson Police. They know about him and his enterprise.

Actually, I only lost a very small amount of money because I paid him using a credit card via PayPal. My credit card company reversed the charge and now it's up to PayPal to get their money back.

There are a lot of things that you can say that is negative about PayPal but I have had two of these scams happen to me lately and if I had not used a credit card through PayPal I would be out over $2000.

Scott....please put a stop to this guy. Thanks.
Chuck Costa
K6CVC
Licensed Since 1968 Formerly WN6IVC & WA6EZM
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: WI9HF scammer

Post by KA9FOX »

wa4cch wrote::shock: well his ad for the 570 is still running wonder how many he has sold it to :shock: maby scott needs to contact him and or remove his ads till the problems are sloved

chuck
I have blocked WI9HF from using the QTH.com Classifieds and removed all of the currently running ads.

I'm embarassed to live in the same state as this guy. I hope that the Janesville WI Police Department can do something for those that have been scammed.

- Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
WA4EHD/Melodie Waters

Chad Nelson, WI9HF

:D I have gone a couple of steps farther on Chad Nelson and his scamming ways! I have filed written complaints with the FTC, FCC, FBI, Janesville Police Dept., and the Wisconsin Lt. Governor's Office. I don't know how much good these complaints will do, but it atleast lets someone know about this idiot and his illegal practices. I believe I am also going to file a complaint with the Postal authorities and put them onto him because if I am not wrong, this is also mail fraud which is a federal offense. Paypal is trying to recoup my funds, but because I use my checking account instead of my credit card and the fact Chad Nelson does not have sufficient funds in his account to take from, they cannot refund my money so they just have everything on hold right now and periodically checking his account for sufficient funds. :cry: It is a shame when you cannot even trust a brother ham operator to be honest. Please, anyone who has been scammed by this man, needs to report it to the FCC to try to have his license revoked and anyone else you can email to so that we can stop this man. He is giving the good, honest, upstanding ham operators a bad name and reputation. Melodie Waters, WA4EHD
K4ICL

Another phone number...

Post by K4ICL »

He listed his phone number as 1866 518 2836 in 2003, under his old callsign.

K4ICL