W2FDW

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w0bkr

W2FDW

Post by w0bkr »

Sold a radio to W2FDW, stated sending a payment following day. Boxed up radio and got it ready to go, three days no email or phone call, so sent emails about payment just to get an idea when to expect payment so I know when to anticipate shipping. Nothing.

Finally, 3 days later after another inquiry get told he bought another radio instead but had sent me an email to that effect. Bogus. I have all his emails, not such email received.

If you consider doing business with this non paying buyer, wait until you get a real payment, then box it up. Now I have to unbox, tearing up what I had for shipping which will cost me again when I do ship to a real buyer. Just don't assume this guy is honest with you when he commits:

I'll get to the post office today and pick up a Postal Money Order and send it priority mail with delivery confirmation.

how will you be shipping? And finally, do you have a phone number you would like to share?

Both 3 days ago and NOTHING about purchasing something different. So beware.