K1VVC One despicable individual

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KF4S

K1VVC One despicable individual

Post by KF4S »

Purchased a Ten Tec 516 Argonaut from this person. My first mistake, sent him a check. Advertised as all around excellent condition. The radio is not excellent, in fact, it has a problem with a noisy component in the receiver. Mr. Weiner has owned for 8 years and never a problem so he says. Refuses to take the radio back. Deal with him if you will, but its your money. He is dishonest and will lie to get your money.
k1vvc

Re: K1VVC One despicable individual

Post by k1vvc »

He couldn't tell me what a "noisy component" in the receiver is. I dealt with him several times on eBay and had to block him from bidding because he complained about everything - but never asked to return an item. I've been selling for over 20 years here, on eHam, and on eBay. I've done over 400 transactions on this site with 2 complaints (one of which I cancelled before the buyer sent payment).

JON