This is to all who think I am a pirate

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kc0uws

This is to all who think I am a pirate

Post by kc0uws »

This is too all who think I am a pirate:

1: I am a licened Amateur Radio Operator. My callsign is KC0UWS. My previous call was KC0TKB.

2: QTH.com has a link to the QRZ.com database, so when you look my call (kc0uws) up, it says "Callsign KC0UWS does not appear in the database". Reason being is because of QRZ.com deleting me from database.

kc0uws
Last edited by kc0uws on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kc0uws

Post by kc0uws »

still don't know why QRZ.com doesn't put me back on their database.
Last edited by kc0uws on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kc0uws

Post by kc0uws »

well I sent an email to Fred asking him to put my callsign back on their database
Last edited by kc0uws on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w0ipl

Post by w0ipl »

No - it is a rant.
kc0uws

Post by kc0uws »

w0ipl wrote:No - it is a rant.
Hi Pat,

I haven't heard you on 147.270 lately. Just tired of everyone accusing me about something, because of my callsign not being on QRZ.com.

Now why does everyone who think every ham who is not listed on QRZ.com is a pirate? QRZ.com is not the FCC website.

73 de kc0uws
kw0o

No one called you a pirate

Post by kw0o »

:oops: I noted you did not have a listed call, and MOST folks who do not, usually are up to no good. that is what I was pointing out to the general public. Are we supposed to search all over hell fo legitamize your call??? Most folks who hide their personal info, historically, are up to no good. :shock: if it bothers you that folks question whether or not you are a pirate or whatever, just put your info back on QRZ....Fred is a reasonable person...
de kw0o kn
kc0uws

Post by kc0uws »

I finally QRZ.com to agree to put my call back on their database, so thank you to Fred for doing that :D
kw0o

Post by kw0o »

ATTA BOY..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
de kw0o kn
w4amp

Re: No one called you a pirate

Post by w4amp »

NY7Q wrote::oops: I noted you did not have a listed call, and MOST folks who do not, usually are up to no good. that is what I was pointing out to the general public. Are we supposed to search all over hell fo legitamize your call??? Most folks who hide their personal info, historically, are up to no good. :shock: if it bothers you that folks question whether or not you are a pirate or whatever, just put your info back on QRZ....Fred is a reasonable person...
Fred is a nutcase. He removes calls all the time. His database is NOT ACCURATE and never has been.

Want to look up a call? Go here:

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/reports/callsign.cfm

This is the only database that matters. Why people think QRZ is the FCC is beyond me.
kc0uws

Re: No one called you a pirate

Post by kc0uws »

This is the only database that matters. Why people think QRZ is the FCC is beyond me.[/quote]

I have wondered that myself why every1 thinks that QRZ is the FCC
w2ass

I agree with w4amp

Post by w2ass »

qrz is one of the worst forums ever! People go to ask simple questions and the get bashed by bullies, yet the mediators do nothing about this, but thats okay, there not the only game in town, if you want a real callsign lookup data base ? use buckmaster not only do they give you more info on call but they also give you the fcc link for even more info on call if aval. I have asked aa7bq fred to ban me off of qrz, cause of people like kc0w, who gives out advise with known what he is talking about. according to tom kc0w one can run a alpha 87a on a 120v w/15 amp service. wow was this guy wrong, then when a post was posted that it could not be done, even with a letter from alpha them selfs, that this could not be done, the post was taken off by qrz mediators. guess we who they like!!

hey but thats fine!!!
Rafael Diaz
www.w2ass.com
member or former member of
W2rc
Yccc
Sera
ARRL
10-ten 60608
Vaga-bond 454
w2ass@w2ass.com
dont let cw die
WB2DLF

WHAT REALLY COUNTS?

Post by WB2DLF »

Brandon, there is only one thing in this world that really matters and that is "what you think of yourself". If your ego is small enough to let people who mean very little in the make-up of your life get to you, you deserve what-ever they dish out. As long as you know what is true, it should not matter what small minded people think. It is better to loose a "buck" then self esteem. The only people that should be able to hurt your feelings are your close friends.

"People with great minds talk about ideas.
People with average minds talk about events.
People with small minds talk about people."

Put your-self in the catagory you want to be in but don't you think is is time to "let it go." Believe me, if "they" are not talking about you, "they" will be talking about some-one else. "They" will find another "toy."

Leon, WB2DLF.
w2ass

Re: This is to all who think I am a pirate

Post by w2ass »

kc0uws wrote:This is too all who think I am a pirate:

1: I am a licened Amateur Radio Operator. My callsign is KC0UWS. My previous call was KC0TKB.

2: QTH.com has a link to the QRZ.com database, so when you look my call (kc0uws) up, it says "Callsign KC0UWS does not appear in the database". Reason being is because of QRZ.com deleting me from database.

kc0uws
yo dude! your call is good in fcc data base.. so whats the problem?
do you really want to be in qrz that bad? I'm not in qrz data base, do i care?

not one bit!!!

Callsign Results [ULS DATABASE]

Callsign File Number Applicant Type Service
KC0UWS I HA
Licensee Name Address PO Box City
Duke, Brandon M 1201 21st Ave #13 Longmont
State Zip Grant Date Expire Date
CO 80501 Nov 16, 2004 Nov 16, 2014
NEPA Flag Trustee License ID Previous Callsign Operator Class
KC0TKB T
Group Previous Operator Class Eligibility Code Trustee Ind
D
Trustee_license_id

anyone who really wants to check on your call can go to my website and put your call in it comes back good. my data base is better than qrz's . it from buckmaster which gets it from the fcc direct data base check it

http://www.w2ass.com/
Rafael Diaz
www.w2ass.com
member or former member of
W2rc
Yccc
Sera
ARRL
10-ten 60608
Vaga-bond 454
w2ass@w2ass.com
dont let cw die
kc0uws

Post by kc0uws »

every problem I have had with QRZ.com has been cleared and we are officially at peace!