VE2OTA Buyer Beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
keepsafe

VE2OTA Buyer Beware

Post by keepsafe »

BUYER BEWARE OF VE2OTA DON

VE2OTA posted for sale 15 March 2020 SB200 Amp
his original post is pasted here and What Really Arrived at my Door
orig post :
Heathkit SB-200

All original no mods at all. In great shape. New 572b tubes. A great example of this classic amp if you want something original. Also a great starting point if you want to tinker and mod the amp.

Key down is 600 watts but driving it to produce 500 watts would be a better way to go and it would run forever....

Note: Would require external buffer switch to run with modern equipment or run it with a foot switch and enjoy the power.

Wired for 120 Volts.

$575 USD buyer pays shipping.
First the Amp arrived with Soft Tubes output on TWO meters only 400 Watts . His answer to this is
that my A/C outlet is Bad in my house. He also states that He wanted me to pay 3% paypal which was not posted on his QRZ posting 15 March 20
The Tubes are SOFT on arrival. This individual also gets paid $575 and Fills out a Canada Customs Form
saying he sold me the AMP for $400 . This is an Honest Person... Also he claims that he sells to U.S.A. Buyers and never before has had to fill out CUSTOMS FORMS Yes you can really believe him
BUYER BEWARE of VE2OTA

:D KD0ZK