Advice for handling possible bad deal?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n8yx

Advice for handling possible bad deal?

Post by n8yx »

Forgive me if this isn't the correct forum in which to post this question...

I recently "bought" an item from a gentleman who advertised it on this site. The person in question has no negative (or positive, for that matter) feedback listed here. A money order was sent; I was advised that it had been received but that he had been "...busy with work..." and would ship the item on the next day.

The item had a promised ship date of 9/19. On 9/24, I sent an e-mail to the gentleman asking for a shipping status. I have heard nothing back, and haven't seen any more "traffic" from him on this site (or any of the others that I've checked). No item, either.

Assuming that I've been scammed, what's the best way to deal with the individual? Get his state's postmaster involved (mail fraud complaint)? Local PD?

Thanks to all who take the time to help.

73 de Fred.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Yes , the local PD will gladly do it. I have also been successful getting a full $900 refund back (actually the unit). You will need to call the local PD in "his" area. If you search for my call sign here , you will see how I did it by reading the posts I already made on my thread. Give him some time though , he may have had a major problem and is not stalling you but totally unable to come through right away. Most people are honest believe it or not...

I also sent a Mail Postal M.O. to a guy , he ripped me , I jumped all over it and traced it back to the deposit slip , got a copy , sent it to the local PD in his area , he was contacted , ect. To make a long story short , I got a Priority US Mail back with a bank check in it for the full amount...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

hey fred would this guy by chance be in kentucky.
kc8pcs

Post by kc8pcs »

Hey Fred,

This possibly be w4ain? I had problems with one of his deals. Sounds like possibly the same.
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

kc8pcs wrote:Hey Fred,

This possibly be w4ain? I had problems with one of his deals. Sounds like possibly the same.

The only bad deal I have ever made was selling a radio to a loser that liked to take things apart and 'tinker' with them, then have the audacity to blame me when he screwed it up..........sound familiar????

B,B,B & C