KA1MYO Mike Nelles sold me a NIB Icom IC-706MKIIG

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
josv

KA1MYO Mike Nelles sold me a NIB Icom IC-706MKIIG

Post by josv »

Mike offered me a pretty good deal on a NIB Icom IC-706MKIIG. It was almost to good to be true, but I had the radio in my hands in 2 days. I am truly impressed with the radio, and Mike!

W4JOS
N2ZD

Re: KA1MYO Mike Nelles sold me a NIB Icom IC-706MKIIG

Post by N2ZD »

I also had a great dealing with Mike this week. A stand up guy!!
mmaseda

Post by mmaseda »

I also bought a new in the box IC-7800 from Mike. Just one correction. Mike is not a ham. KA1MYO is his mother’s call. The radios he is selling are from his fathers estate. Don’t hesitate to buy from Mike.
AceHigh

Post by AceHigh »

Yesterday I was interested in buying the Vibroplex bug he was selling and exchanged a couple of emails on it. The ad reads " Vibroplex Key serial number 106156 very minimal use. In like new condition. Asking $80 shipped PayPal friends Venmo or US postal mo accepted.
Listing #1462008 - Submitted on 10/24/19 by Callsign KA1MYO, Modified on 11/06/19".

However, I was not familiar with Paypal Friends. It seems that using this payment method instead of a regular Paypal buy-sell transaction could be used by scammers to collect money fairly easily as there would be no recourse to get money back using this payment method if the item was never shipped etc.

Wonder if this ad is genuine or just a scam. Seems like he has had a couple of good responses.
mmaseda

Post by mmaseda »

Using PayPal friends and family saves him about 3% in fees but you loose your buyer protection.
W9BHI

Post by W9BHI »

Using PayPal family and friends for goods and services ia against PayPal policy.
You are cheating them out of their 3% that you agreed to pay when you signed up with them.
They could legally terminate your account for this type of behavior.
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

PayPal does not allow sellers to charge a surcharge however I have seen a lot of ads on this site requesting it. Never buy merchandise using PayPal Friends and Family.

John KK9A
brycey1

Post by brycey1 »

Just bought an ALS-1306 from Mike Nelles, it arrived in great shape and as described, he is a solid seller. Rich KK4RB