AE5OX - Anyone know this op?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w0bkr

AE5OX - Anyone know this op?

Post by w0bkr »

Talked on the phone in Aug, committed to buying an item from me, told him I would hold it for him so we can meet and exchanged. Passed along same in email. October now, still has not paid, never answers emails. I guess I am the only one who considers his word worth something, obviously his isn't. Wierd encounter. Not sure what to think. No explanation, nothing....perhaps off his meds maybe? Anyway, don't know this guy but not looking like an honest one...
K1ZH

Re: AE5OX - Anyone know this op?

Post by K1ZH »

That kind of thing happens all of the time. I've learned you should never hold up the sale of an item - ever. The first one to send money gets the gear. I think there is some kind of mental disease that people develop whereby they get a sick rush out of "shopping" for an item without ever spending money or receiving the gear. Weirdos...
w0bkr

Re: AE5OX - Anyone know this op?

Post by w0bkr »

Happens but certainly demonstrates a lack of character, honest and truthfulness. Could be a meds issue , who knows. But on the list now to avoid...