Possible scammer Stefano Califano

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KR9T

Possible scammer Stefano Califano

Post by KR9T »

I have for sale my Flex Maestro used lightly with my Flex6500 that I sold yesterday. Maestro is in like new cosmetic condition and always kept covered. Maestro will be shipped in the factory Flex box and packaging. Also includes cables , manual.
Price is $745 shipped and insured. No trades
Listing #1449461 - Submitted on 07/27/19 by Callsign IK2WYJ - IP: 82.102.21.185
Click Here to Email -- Send this Ad to a Friend
I paid via Paypal but was given a phony shipping carrier and number.
ka2fir

Re: Possible scammer Stefano Califano

Post by ka2fir »

Did you pay with PayPal Goods and Services or Friends and Family?

Another ham who posted on qrz.com was taken by the same scammer.

Did you report this to the qth.com administrators? It appears they have removed it.
K4MKM

Post by K4MKM »

Yep, he got me on the same deal as the original poster. Definitely a scammer.

I have started Paypal dispute.
KR9T

Post by KR9T »

Yes, I paid via PayPal Goods and Services. I also have a case open with PayPal. Hopefully they will recognize this scam and I will get a full refund. I should have been a lot smarter.