WA4OMM(RAY THOMAS)

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4KVW

WA4OMM(RAY THOMAS)

Post by W4KVW »

OK!
Last edited by W4KVW on Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
WB4UNA

WA4OMM..Ray Thomas

Post by WB4UNA »

I have done hundreds of deals with Ray over the last 15 years and have never got a bad one from him. I have seen him go in the hole to make a deal right. I have never known him to do anyone wrong and I know I can show you hundreds, if not a thousand hams that have had deals with him that will back me up also.
I am sure if the truth be known there are two sides to this and I would like to hear it..If anyone has any questions about this they can email me at .wb4una@aol.com......

Randy
WB4UNA
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Sounds like MFJ
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
W4PIG

wa4omm

Post by W4PIG »

i have traded with ray for 10 years and never had any problems he has always been a very good trader and never mislead me on any trade. i will continue to trade with ray . sounds to me like this guy not telling the whole story.sounds like operator error and using ray as a fall guy.again ray is a #1 man of his word.. :D :D :D :D :D
AE4SH

ray thomas

Post by AE4SH »

I also have done dealings with ray and kathleen for many years with no problems at all.
money was tight this year at shelby, nc hamfest and ray
Gave My Daughter A Study Guide Free Of Charge.
so tell what kind of guy ray thomas is.
scott hamm
W4stl
WA4OMM

The rest of the story

Post by WA4OMM »

When he asked about tuner I advised him connector for cable going to radio was broken and held in by a tie wrap and sent him a picture of it. Told him I did not have tuner to amplifier cable. Tuner worked fine with older radio such as 720 and 730 series, however I did not know if it would work with a 756 Pro II. Mr. Yarborough asked about trading several items for my AT-600 amp and auto tuner. He indicated he was short on money so I thought I would help him out in that respect since I had very little invested in the tuner. With this in mind, I valued it at one hundred dollars and gave him a trade number. He agreed and trade was accomplished. He ordered an aftermarket cable to replace missing one described above, while waiting on deliver he used amp on several bands and reported it worked just fine. Upon receipt of aftermarket cable, said he hooked radio, amp and tuner up with it and started testing.
Somewhere in this process he developed problems. He then contacted me describing his problem. I asked what he wanted to do about it and he said he would like to return tuner. also offered him a manual 1.5 tuner, which he declined. He returned tuner, and I sent him a refund for amount allowed for it in trade plus twenty five dollar for return shipping costs. In view of what happended, i'm sorry it ocurred, but I feel my response to situation was reasonable. WA4OMM
WR0T-1

Cock Pit Trouble

Post by WR0T-1 »

Appears to be a newby ,Mar 05. Sure looks like inattention to proper operating procedure to me.

AKA cockpit error. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: