N0EE is Dishonest

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8FVJ

N0EE is Dishonest

Post by N8FVJ »

I bought a Heil mic from N0EE. It was listed at QTH and not listed 'as-is'. I paid good money for the HC-10 dual element mic. After I bought it, seller stated it was never used. It arrived and did not work on one element. Seller asked about my cabling (assume wiring) when I informed him about the malfunction. So, I unscrewed the mic guard, used an ohm meter to check the wires. Note that early Heil mics are known to have cold soldering joints. It was definitely a bad element. I told the seller I would send him the element for his testing and would appreciate a refund asking $30. I bought a replacement element for $60. Seller states I opened the mic, no refund. He is acting like I violated a warrantee on a new item. If I would not have 'opebed' the mic, he would likely state I dropped the mic.

I posted at other sites and N0EE had the nerve to send his rebuttal- call me a nut case & I sent him hate mail, etc.

Folks, this man is dishonest and sold his reputation away for $30. Stay away from this creep.
N0EE

Re: N0EE is Dishonest

Post by N0EE »

I sold that HM10 in good faith. I was told by the person I bought it from that he had bought it new and never used it, and it certainly looked new. I never told him it was new, I told him the seller told me that. I never used it myself. The first I heard about the issue was AFTER he took it upon himself to open it and attempt repair BEFORE he notified me, that's how "parts swappers" operate. ALL he had to do BEFORE opening it up was advise me he thought it was defective and he would have had a full refund of his payment, then I could have gotten MY payment back from the local ham I bought it from. He took it upon himself to attempt to repair the HM10 without notifying me and wants to stick me with half the alleged the bill. Why not the full amount if it's truly defective? At this moment I don't have any documented proof that anything was wrong with that microphone, just what this proven plagiarist has told me. Those of us with common sense KNOW that if we buy something we believe to be defective we don't take it apart, we immediately contact the seller with our concerns, but no, I get emails calling me a crook, a thief, dishonest and disgusting. I never agreed for him to attempt repair and never agreed I would pay for repairs. The last email I received from him, after he told me to never contact him again, was that he should have filed a claim with PayPal and returned to me any empty box. Problem with that for him is he didn't pay by Paypal, and if he did return an empty box to me that is fraud, plain and simple. That email clearly shows his integrity and mental ability. There are many posts on the web about this person's childish name calling and plagiarism of articles. ALL he had to do was advise me BEFORE he attempted repair, he would have had a full refund, and I would have gotten a full refund myself. Believe whomever you want to believe here but I'm not falling for this person's blackmail plot. He could have had a full refund but he never asked, that's ALL he had to do. N8FVJ is the dishonest one here. Moderator, I have rebutted his false claim, please close this thread, there isn't anything to be gained by either party to this transaction by leaving it open so he can disparage me even more.
N8FVJ

Post by N8FVJ »

1) Seller stated he thought mic was new, but after I bought it. Frankly, I did not care if new or not. So, seller is lying per his statement.
2) Per seller, 'open up mic before he heard from me'. NOT TRUE. I sent email mic did not work on one element and awaited reply. Seller replied about cabling issue (wiring ). DID NOT offer a refund either due to the malfunctioning mic. Mic worked on one element so only other possibility is to check internal wiring and I performed that for him. SO WHAT. (Early Heil mics were known for cold solder joints). So, seller is lying again and asked me to check cabling (his words) that is wiring and never stated I will refund you. Opening up a mic to measure wire resistance does not damage the mic. The element was bad and I offered to send N0EE the element for his testing!
3) Seller states I am lying about bad element. Again I offered to send the bad element to him and I have all the emails to prove this. I never has any intention of sending mic back so I bought and installed a replacement element a week later. He stated I did that immediately? Lying again folks. I am honest, seller is not honest and making up excuses that are not true. In fact, I paid $69 for ther element and asked only $30 being fair due to the mic cost $60. This creep insults the hell out of me!
4) Paypal email statement was if I was a crook like him, I would send back an empty box after a PayPal claim. Seller is disgusting!

Blackmail? I do not blackmail, but do report dishonest sellers.

BOTTOM LINE- seller was advised of mic malfunction before unscrewing the mic guard. He did not offer a refund, asked about the cabling. Did not advise not to disassemble. I can prove all with emails. N0EE has the nerve to defend himself here? Are you kidding? I bought a defective mic and he NEVER offered a refund. He simply refused the $30 request to pay 1/2 a replacement element. N0EE is dishonest and everyone here that reads this will know it. Shame on you N0EE, you are a liar and sold your reputation away for peanuts. I will continue to repost this so I can protect others. And, he asked moderator to close this so he can cover up his lies.
N8FVJ

Post by N8FVJ »

Remember never offered a refund, only offered no refund and no adjustment. Case closed.