Dentron MT3000A Replacement Switch

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
isKDOUSA

Dentron MT3000A Replacement Switch

Post by isKDOUSA »

Let me start with this Working on Vintage Amateur Gear is Not Easy. It take
alot of patients. I bought a Replacement Switch from a Seller on QTH . I asked if it was
a Simple Plug and Play His Reply was YES . The Switch is for the Dentron MT300A antenna Match Tuner. I must say that he ships fast and also provides in Some detail removal and installation . What is missing from the files directions is the numerous tools that is Required to remove and install the switch. PLEASE be Advised that you will need
HEX DRIVERS , FLAT TIP DRIVERS , ALLEN KEYS , OPEN END WRENCHS , WIRE CUTTER,
and SODER GUN FLUX SODER. It is my Opinion the replacement switch is Not Plug and Play
as per the seller . I am not putting Blame on him i am trying to SHARE WITH FUTURE BUYERS
KD0USA 3 JUNE 2019
isKDOUSA

Re: Dentron MT3000A Replacement Switch

Post by isKDOUSA »

AFTER the above posting i must Add that to secure the New Switch in place
you must use the Original Mounting Screws & Spacers . The Pre Drilled Holes in the New Switch i Bought from Chuck ( WD8BXS ) required to be Drilled out so that the Screws
can pass thru the Face of the Dentron and thru the Switch . .. Although the install experience is and was a Nightmare the FINAL RESULT is the New Switch WORKS
:!: