Not so good with KM1H

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w0bkr

Not so good with KM1H

Post by w0bkr »

Bought a couple of Very Good to excellent amp knobs (low dollar items) from KM1H off Ebay. What I ended up with was one severely corroded on the back of the aluminum skirt, rippled skirt, set screws were severely corroded. The only is missing a mounting set screw. Not worth fooling around with ebay, got another one in proper condition elsewhere, but this guy lied continuously about what he peddles. Told me they were in VG condition (wonder what grading scale he uses), said the one had both screws in it, which it did not (I asked if he could provide me with the size and would buy an after market one), again, gave a bogus excuse. Well, don't with this stooge. Bought a complete knob, in actual very good condition elsewhere, and am happy. KM1H's are in the junk box.
kh8ac

Re: Not so good with KM1H

Post by kh8ac »

I was just web surfing and looking at the good/bad reviews of some people. I saw this and it brought back an old memory. Maybe ridiculous to post it but------

Decades ago I was active on 160 and had a Dentron Clipperton L amplifier. The amplifier needed modification for more power output on 160 and the new WARC bands. Ah...who to help me with this ? KM1H in New Hampshire. I sent the amp there. I just put 4 brand new !!!!!! 572'b tubes in it.(American Made). I later got the amp back and nothing worked and the tubes were switched and with that even 4 dead tubes. All I could think of at the time was I was QRM so ? (active on 160 and did allot of transmitting) This was pre-these days when complaints went where ? So all these years later somebody is complaining !! The guy seems active and popular but this is my ancient experience.