Joe Palmer, Wish I had checked his feedback

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KR4MT

Joe Palmer, Wish I had checked his feedback

Post by KR4MT »

I had a cash offer from Joe Palmer for a scopemeter I listed for sale or trade. I accepted and told him to mail me a money order or personal check since he doesn't have a PayPal account. He instead sent me payment via western union on Friday Night. I informed him I could not ship until Monday (today) because my son had to compete in the National Archery tournament in Louisville on Saturday.
I shipped the meter this morning and came home to email demanding a refund or he and his dad were lawyers and will be taking me to court. He has several bad reports on here and I wish I had read them. The meter is already shipped with tracking information and he is demanding I refund his money because he decided he wants a shortwave receiver or SDR receiver instead now. We spoke on the phone last night and he did not mention changing his mind then even after I assured him it was going to be shipped this morning.

Do not buy from or sell to "Joe Palmer" if that really is his name unless you are ready for a lot of headache. his email is palmer500022@outlook.com and he does not give a call sign. He seems friendly enough on the phone but his emails are threatening.
w8jxm

Re: Joe Palmer, Wish I had checked his feedback

Post by w8jxm »

My "real" name is the same as the title of this post. I have purchased and sold many pieces of ham equipment with NO issues ever...Wanted to set the record straight. My call is W8JXM es email w8jxm@yahoo.com
Best 73... Joe