BEWARE of W7LSB James Rager

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
NS6C

BEWARE of W7LSB James Rager

Post by NS6C »

James told me the Tm241 he had foe sale worked when he used a different mic. Only the stock mic did not work When I received the unit it was absolutely dead. I never opened the case/cover of the radio and I did not take it to a person to fix it. I have never seen so many lies packed into one paragraph as he wrote on this forum. This guy sent me this radio packaged in a cardboard wrap. Packing was the worst I have ever seen. If something was missing from this radio then he took it out. When I asked for my money back he said no. The rig absolutely was dead. I opened a case with PayPal and eventually received my money back. He did not respond to the questions asked by PayPal and I sent the radio back to him. If anybody has a need to see any of the E-mails or the cardboard wrap I still have them. Don't do business with him and if you want a working TM241a BEWARE he doesn't have one.
W7LSB

Re: BEWARE of W7LSB James Rager

Post by W7LSB »

I HAVENT BEEN ON HERE IN AWHILE AND WHEN I LOGGED ON TODAY I FOUND THIS POST. IT IS IN RETALIATION TO FEEDBACK I LEFT NS6C ON FRI MARCH 29TH 2019. HERE IS THE POST I LEFT
"NS6C Bought a Kenwood TM241 from me on march 15th. the radio was sold as needed repaired (microphone) for $50 shipped. once he received the radio he emails me and tells me that he took it to his tech and it needs a memory battery and it costs $50. wants me to pay the $50. I told him that that was ridicules. I told him to send it back to me and I would replace it. he doesn't want to do that. the next day he emails me that it doesn't have any output power that he wants his money back. Then the day after that he emails me and says the radio don't receive either and is totally dead. he sends me the radio back totally dead and I find that he has robbed the PA unit out of it. I told him I would not refund so he opened a paypal case against me. BEWARE selling anything to this guy".
NS6C WON THE PAYPAL CASE AS PAYPAL ALLWAYS SIDES WITH THE BUYER AND I WAS OUT THE 50 BUCKS AND NS6C SENT ME THE HULK BACK. I APPEALED THE PAYPAL CASE AND WAS AWARDED A REFUND. YOU NEED TO BE THE JUDGE ON WHO YOU BELIEVE ON THIS ALL I CAN DO IS TELL YOU I HAVE SOLD MULTIPLE ITEMS ON HERE IN THE LAST FEW YEARS UNDER MY CURRENT CALL AND ALSO MY PREVIOUS CALL OF NC1V AND HAVE ALLWAYS GOTTEN EXCXELLENT FEEDBACK, SO YOU NEED TO BE THE JUDGE