KE7DIN trade

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wa6usa

KE7DIN trade

Post by wa6usa »

I have never posted in this forum before. Having successfully completed a dozen or so transactions here, the last one gave me an idea that I would welcome feedback on. I put a trade offer at this website for my Collins S-Line in trade for a premium HF/6 meter transceiver. I got a response almost immediately from KE7DIN, Bob in Washington. To make a long story short. (with numerous emails and phone calls between us describing the equipment in detail, including lots of pictures) we agreed on my 32S-1, 75S-3 w/3 filters, 312B-3, 516F-2, 30L-1 and a D-104 in AS-IS condition for an Icom 7610. I shipped the S-line at Bob's insistence via priority mail, to his QTH. Then after a full 6 days of waiting for my Icom to show up, and numerous phone messages left and emails sent asking for some communications I get a call that the 75S-3 was unpacked, turned on and tested with mixed results. The deal is off. And the shipping boxes didn't look OK. The result was I paid to ship an entire S-Line to Tonasket Washington and Bob refused the shipment from the USPS, sends it all back to me, (still using my shipping labels except for the receiver) I received nothing that was agreed upon, an S-Line “as-is” for a IC-7610. I know how this trade could have been handled differently, instead of taking the other persons word that they will ship. Both individuals ship to a neutral third party who will only forward the equipment when both boxes are received. The third party as incentive would receive a nominal fee of 5% of the insured value for their trouble.
Joswick

Re: KE7DIN trade

Post by Joswick »

Yes, I returned the 5 boxes. I received one box with the recvr. one day and the rest came the next day
I had the 7610 all packed up in Org. shipping boxes ready to go Priority Mail and had taken it to the P.O. until I saw the box for the Collins
When I saw the damaged box {I took a pic at the P.O before taking it home) containing the 75s3 I took it home without sending the 7610 to check the radio out.
It was damaged......the radio was packed very poorly in a single box that just fit over the the radio with some bubble wrap.
WA6USA told me he had it Pro packed. (He also told me the boxes where much smaller than he thought they would be) which set off a ALARM before I ever even recv'd it. This is why I held off shipping the 7610....I have received broken radio's before when poorly packed
When I told him and sent him the picture he said he would file a claim with the P.O>
I told him he should go after the Pro Packers he used. The box's were not even good enough to send a cheap lamp in much less Collins S-line
The other boxes showed up at the P.O. the next day. I did not except them and told them to send them back to shipper which they did.
I then went home and repacked the 75s3 in the box that was sent to me and paid the return shipping.
I Could not take the chance of sending him a $3600 radio and the one I received was already having a claim with the P.O.
It was not the Postal Service Priority Mail that was at fault......it was the poor packing.
Sorry.
ke7din X-Navy Radioman and Systems Tech for AT&T for 22 yrs. retired