W7KD Rotor Purchase

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
JFN3

W7KD Rotor Purchase

Post by JFN3 »

I recently purchased a used Ham IV rotor from Bob, W7KD. I wrote Bob with several questions and he was quick to respond with clear answers. I paid for the rotor using Paypal, and the rotor shipped the very next day. I was pleasantly surprised by the great shape the rotor was in when I unpacked it. Basically, it looked new. I quickly wired the rotor and the controller together and ran the rotor from the CCW South end that it displayed when I received it, to the full CW South end, stopping a few times along the way, listening to the gears as it operated. Perfect! No disturbing sounds from inside the rotor, and the rotor stopped exactly at the CW South and the CCW South. The brake solenoid sounded very strong each time it was operated. I could not be more pleased with my purchase.

I was also pleased by the way everything was packed. I believe could have dropped the box from 20' up my tower and the equipment inside would not have shifted or suffered any damage at all.

If Bob has something available that you need, I highly recommend that you discuss your needs with him and feel very comfortable in doing so.

John WB7U